Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I am doing a research per for school and I need your help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 89 Replies

Ok this post is not to cause any bashing or ANYTHING. I am doing a research paper (no names will be used) and I need you ladies to answer these questions for me if you would please. If any of you could think of any others that would be awesome as well. Any bashing or comments not related to the questions will be deleted. I am sorry to say that but I really need this for my paper. Thank you in advance!!!

1.      How many of you tried to breastfeed

2.      How many of you never tried at all

3.      How many made it to 3 months

4.      How many made it to 6 months

5.      How many made it to 9 months

6.      How many made it to 12 months

7.      How many made it to 18 months

8.      How many made it to 24 months

9.      How many have gone beyond 24 months

10.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you were sabotaged by a health care professional?

11.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because of lack of knowledge about breastfeeding?

12.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because you felt or were told that it was socially unacceptable?

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midjet117
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

-9. My daughter is 3 yrs. I'm still breastfeeding. I would love to stop but the problem is engorgement. I hate the feeling and I really dont wanna deal with it if i dont have to. I know, I've heard all the advice, skip a feeding, just say no etcetera, but honestly I'm not on a schedule and I just feed her on demand. I figure she'll wean when shes ready. 

Decker
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Quoting savannabooker:

1.      How many of you tried to breastfeed yes 

5.      How many made it to 9 months. Made it to 9 months when he got teeth

10.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you were sabotaged by a health care professional? No my doctor has always supported my decisions as a parent 

I quit breastfeeding when my son got teeth. He went on a nursing strike and my dh would give him a bottle of breast milk. He would eat that way so we stopped nursing and just gave him bottles if breast milk until my milk dried up.

Sarah030607
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM

with my first I made it to 6 months, could not continue due to drying up

with my second I made it to 3 months, dried up due to extreme stress

with my third I made it to 12 months, did not continue due to him weening himself

with my fourth, she is 4 months old and still going good

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I breast fed #1 for 4 months. I stopped because I was emotionally a wreck because of an accident that occurred in our family. I was encouraged by our dr. to keep trying, but my body just couldn't produce. Our son started losing weight, so bottle feeding began.

I breast fed #2 for 3 months. I stopped because I couldn't get him to stop eating. He was hungry 10-12 times a day. I got NOTHING done and had NO time for our older son. He was MUCH happier and fuller with formula.

Zazayam
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

1.      How many of you tried to breastfeed - I did 3x

2.      How many of you never tried at all -

3.      How many made it to 3 months - I did 3x

4.      How many made it to 6 months - I did 3x

5.      How many made it to 9 months - I did once, and hope to on this round

6.      How many made it to 12 months - I did once, and hope to on this round.

7.      How many made it to 18 months -

8.      How many made it to 24 months

9.      How many have gone beyond 24 months

10.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you were sabotaged by a health care professional? Sort of, once. At 6 mo's I went to work and was having issues with pumping, doctor told me to formula feed while I was at work, my son stopped accepting the breast about 2 weeks in.

11.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because of lack of knowledge about breastfeeding? Once (story above)

12.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because you felt or were told that it was socially unacceptable? I was told that quite often but never let it bother me..

JZB
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I breast fed until ds was 18months, his Dr totally supported it. I stopped when I did because he was way more interested in food and I wasnt producing much. Plus we drink raw milk eat real food so I wasnt too concerned with missing nutrien
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HKing01
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
•1. How many of you tried to breastfeed.....***I tried with all three of my children.

•2. How many of you never tried at all

•3. How many made it to 3 months.....***I made it to 3 months with my second child.

•4. How many made it to 6 months.....***I made it to 7 months with my third child.

•5. How many made it to 9 months

•6. How many made it to 12 months

•7. How many made it to 18 months

•8. How many made it to 24 months

•9. How many have gone beyond 24 months

•10. If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you were sabotaged by a health care professional?

•11. If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because of lack of knowledge about breastfeeding? .....***This was an issue with my first two children.

•12. If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because you felt or were told that it was socially unacceptable?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Didn't bf, never even tried.

beeky
by Alexandra on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I breastfed both of mine for 8 months. 

I stopped with the first because she was losing interest.  I stopped with my second because she was never satisfied.

charity62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

1.      How many of you tried to breastfeed I did

2.      How many of you never tried at all N/A

3.      How many made it to 3 months i did not  i have scars on my nipples from trying

4.      How many made it to 6 months no

5.      How many made it to 9 months no

6.      How many made it to 12 months no

7.      How many made it to 18 months no

8.      How many made it to 24 months no

9.      How many have gone beyond 24 months no

10.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you were sabotaged by a health care professional? i was not

11.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because of lack of knowledge about breastfeeding? i had the knowledge

12.  If you did not continue breastfeeding how many of you did not continue because you felt or were told that it was socially unacceptable? no one told me it was no acceptable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)