Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does size matter?! no no dress size?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have always been the size of middle schooler since middle school. 

Fast forwards many years and now I'm wedding dress shopping and my boobs are the only thing bigger.

I generally wear a zero in dresses, sometimes a 1/2 if it's super tiny. Normally a zero is too small, I've had them taken in too. 

I feel like a monster complaining about it, but I have worked at a bridal shop and giggle inside when people get so worried about what size that they are wearing. I never realized this would be me. 

Since I've started dress shopping, I'm in a zero hands down. Normally of course zeros aren't available and we would have to throw a four or two on me.

I have since been in a little bind because I love a dress, it is narrowed between two dress and both of which are the LAST in the company. I can't order another, so time is ticking that nobody else will love it. I found that I am a four in one of the dresses, they told me even if there was one a two would be too small...

As petty as it sounds, I really am feeling against this dress because of the fact it is a four. I can't explain why, but being so little and then wearing two sizes up just suprises me I guess. I think I just need moral support that the dress was made by people who inaccuratly sized the dress instead of me being bigger than I really am.

I highly doubt anyone else has had this problem with such an extremely small number. It just really tears me away from it and I can't explain why.

PS I can post a pic of me in it if that helps, but  really I think I'm just looking for someone to tell me that it's not a bad thing. 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
annasmom1234
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM

It's not a bad thing!  I think women as self-conscious about size whether it's big or small

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Oh boy, if I were you I'd take cover and don a flame retardant suit. You're about to get creamed. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Yeah I think you're being melodramatic.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No one else is going to know the size unless you tell them. So.... Don't tell them! You like the dress, get over the size, get it, look beautiful, and enjoy your day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

If you worked in a wedding dress shop, then you should know that most wedding dresses are made small. Typically most women have to order up a size or two than they really are....for instance I'm a size 3, my wedding dress was a size 6.

the actual size of the dress shouldn't matter anyway, it's how it fits that counts.

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I am pretty sure wedding dresses are always up a size... Ibwouldnt worry about th number, oh know own you look and it will be amazing on you I am sur.e

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN