Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Going to Disney world and leaving a kid behind

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 36 Replies
I have 3 boys ages 4,3 and 1 .. My SO would like to take us all to Disney this summer.. But I think we should leave the 1yo at home with my parents. I think it would be easier with just the two oldest. And my middle does have autism... Plus at 1 there really wouldn't be alot for him to do, and we would take the boys again when there older... But I still feel bad leaving him home!! Is it ok that I do this or should be take him with us???
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pmsforlife
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I always include all my kids no matter the age! I always feel too guilty...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Vacations are never easy with any kids under 5. They don't comprehend proper behavior, and get tired and restless.

good luck.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I would just wait a few years. The 4&3 year olds wouldn't have that much fun either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
My boys have been going every year of their lives since they were 5 months old. They are 4 & 5 now.

Bring all of your children and create memories for your whole family. Children 2 and under are free anyways.
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I would bring probably bring both my children. I would also bring my in laws or my mom so if my youngest was tired or if DH and I wanted to do something alone we could leave the kids with them.
rbailey2414
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I guess I could understand not bringing the baby. Hard choice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That is your choice what you decide to do

alexislovesjr
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never leave a child behind. We love disney world but have a rule that after every child is born we have to wait till they turn 2 1/2 or 3 to go. But if I had to go and they were under that age I would still take them.

cowboysgirl3227
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Honestly I think I would wait another year or so until all the kids are older.  I think it would be easier for you and a lot more fun for all the kids.  That way you don't have to think about leaving one child behind.  Still if you decide to go know I would take all my kids, I don't think I could leave one behind.

boppysmom2007
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

at one years old he will have a blast take the stroller with u or rent one we took my son at 3 he had a blast dont listen to anyone that tells u they wont have fun there are so much even the baby can ride and they do have rider swap so someone can sit with the baby and your husband can ride with the kids then u can switch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)