Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What ways do you silently say "I love you"?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

12 Ways to Say 'I Love You' Without Uttering a Single Word

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on February 20, 2013

cuddling

I am all for the overly dramatic, awe-inspiring pronouncements of love. Those Jumbotron proposals at baseball games and the flash mob choreographed to One Direction's "That's What Makes You Beautiful" are fun to watch. But let's get real, most of us don't have time to orchestrate over-the-top gestures with any regularity and we shouldn't have to. There are lots of ways to express how head-over-heels in love you are without involving a hot air balloon or sky writer. After nearly 10 years of marriage, I have learned it's the little, everyday gestures that really make my hubby feel adored. Here are 12 ways to say 'I Love You' without speaking a word.

1. Pick up his favorite ice cream for dessert -- even if you hate the flavor.
  2. Wrap your arm around him as you go to sleep. A touch can say just as much as words.
  3. Ask him how his day was and wait for the answer. I know you are busy, but the dishwasher or toy pick-up can be set aside for two minutes. Don’t multitask while he talks. Just listen.
  4. Plug his iPhone into the charger. My husband’s phone is always dead. Getting a hold of him at the end of the day is nearly impossible. I used to fume and complain about it, but that just got me a huff or an eye-roll. So at night, when I see that he’s forgotten yet again to plug it in, I just do it. He actually thinks it’s a sweet and thoughtful gesture.
  5. Try to change an annoying habit. I am notorious for leaving cabinets, closets, and drawers open. It drives my husband nuts so I try to more mindful of this. He really appreciates the effort, especially since he knows leaving things ajar is second nature to me.
  6. Slip a flirty note into his medicine cabinet or briefcase once in awhile.
  7. Go to the movie he wants to see, no matter how much you hate the genre, plot, or actors in it.
  8. Do something nice for his mother -- with him having to ask you to.
  9. Remember the dates that are important to him. I am not just talking about birthdays or anniversaries. My husband likes to commemorate the day his Cuban father came to America.
  10. Gently rub the back of his neck. It's a simple move, but I know it's a soothing one for him, especially after a long day. Perhaps your man likes a shoulder massage or quick hug.
  11. Cuddle up close while watching TV.
  12. Kiss. You don't need a reason, time, or place to plant a passionate smooch on your man. Just do it whenever and wherever the mood strikes.

What other ways can you silently say "I love you"?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jylianne
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I actually do all of those except for number 8, but that is only because she passed away 4 years ago... but when she was here, we always did things together... 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I do pretty much all of these!
#7 is never a problem I am the type that never drags him to a chick flick b/c I prefer action. And we both like the same movies&actors!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I do just about all of those. I do everything for him with love. It just comes naturally when you love your hubby that much.

CrystalPystol
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I always ask how his work day was. We cuddle/kiss. When we go visit his parents I spend time with his mom while he hangs out with his Dad. 

djlm70
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I do all except (1) and (8).  Ice cream makes him sick and his mother passed away before we met.

My favorite thing to do is make his favorite dinner, lasagna.

simpleesr23
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Cut his toe nails lol

2lilmamas
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I give a kiss on his neck.
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I do all of that stuff.  I also lay out his uniform for him every night, so he doesn't have to.  I also buy his favorite flavor of coffee, and make it on the mornings he has off, even though I think it tastes like sludge, I make sure I always have his favorite type of cookies in the cookie jar, and I make some sort of treat for him to take to work for his office mates once a week.

I also try my best to always look and behave in a way that if someone he knows were to see me, they would think positively of him.  I always remember that I am a reflection of who he is, and a representative of the choices he makes.

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I write him love letters pouring my heart out, cuddle with him, just about what ever he wants he gets lol
cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM
All kinds of stuff. The biggest being making his coffee and bringin his pain meds before he gets out I bed. But he's not home now so I send him pics and videos of me an the kids to keep him updated. When he is in town I feed him like a king, do his laundry, and take care of all his *other* needs as much as I can and the kids allow time for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN