Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you and hubby do on the weekends?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you and your hubby usually do on your weekends?  Curious, because, I feel like my husband doesn't want to spend time alone together...every weekend we go to see his parents and have a meal with them...or they come to our house and have meal with us here.  My parents also come up every now and then and have dinner with us...just not as often as his.  This last weekend, my husbands dad asked my huband if he was going to take me out for a valentines day dinner, his response was , "the hard part  is finding the time...we really busy all the time."  Hurt my feelings because I see it as something so important to do as a couple to stay connected and have fun together he should want to make time for it, it's not like we don't have any free time....This has been going on for the last couple of years sadly...sure, we have a special needs little boy, but we should still be able to go out together every now and then and have fun, I miss the fun! 

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-15):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Walmart. Family time. Sometimes I get to go to the salon. Sometimes we go on dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM

It really varies greatly for us.  Some weekends, he is working both day.  Others we have tons of family activities going on.  Some weekends I have plans with my friends and/or he has plans with his friends.  We rarely have a weekend where we aren't busy doing one thing or another.

balagan_imma
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
We often have Friday lunch dates because our weekends can get crazy. We have 2 teens and an 8 yr. old. Sometimes we just hang out as a family, sometimes we are all running in many different directions. The nice thing about having the teens is occasionally we have a free sitter for the youngest.
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

If I'm not working, we relax.  Go somewhere, to a friend's house or just walk around the mall for a bit.  Or we stay home and watch a movie and make dinner or do some house or yard work, which for some reason when we do it goether it seems relaxing.  If I do it by myself while he's at work, for some reason it seems more like just work...lol

starfire59
by Paula on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM

My hubby and I have been married for over 20 years and we still find time for eache other. Right now we're remodeling the house together and he's teaching me how to use his tools. Maybe try clearing the calendar and arrange for the kids to be taken care of and just surprise him with a night for just the two of you. We no longer have any kids (6) at home but I used to get up an hour early and have breakfast in bed with hubby while the kids still slept. Once a week we would meet for lunch I would pack one and we'd have lunch together in the car.  On the weekend set your alarm for 2 am and surprise your hubby with some romance. Don't let your everyday life get in the way of your relationship. Call him while he's at work and talk dirty to him. Take a sexy photo (not nude in case he loses it) and slip it in his wallet or car and let him find it.  I so hope things work out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)