Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Being married has turned me into a bitter man-hater

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 80 Replies
5 moms liked this

Ok well not exactly a man hater....but after being married I can not imagine being with another man. Not because I love my husband(which I do) and I'm following my vows like it should be, but because after being married (with kids) all that glossy romance crap is over ...all I am left with is a guy who is just a guy - which means he's not head over heels like before and all gaa gaa over me - and this guy is just another thing I have to take care of. It's not that I even have a horrible marriage or that I hate my husband or anything like that. He is a good man, who takes care of his family and we get along great. We have good sex (when we have sex) and get along fine.

If I ever got a divorce I would not consider seeing other men. Because I believe it would just be another headache I can do without.

I dunno is this normal....or what?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont know but I know I hate men some days because of my dh LOL

2ninos4me
by 2kings4me on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM
4 moms liked this
I have told my sister that if i ever divorce i would just have a sexbuddy but not marriage or live with another man . Not because of my dh or anything i just think differently after being married and seeing how many men become handicapped once they have a woman by their side . My dh is pretty independent and self sufficient but i still feel the same way anout men lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same. I adore my husband but getting married again wouldn't be worth the hassle. I need affection so I'd date but living together and marriage no

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would never ever marry if my husband and I divorced.....no thanks. I would be alone for quite a while doing what I wanted to do, concentrate on myself. I would have a boyfriend later on but I don't think we'd ever live together though. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maggie.ames
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Being the mother ot two sons has made me a woman hater. Not exactly a woman hater, but when you see your sons being kicked around by a (what should I call her?) whip of a girl, it really makes me angry. My youngest son is loved by everyone...I've even had kids up here who ask me why he's so loved. He just has a great personality and the biggest, darkest blue eyes you've ever seen. I  came downstairs when he was I think a junior in high school and he's sitting on the couch trying not to cry. I sat down with him and asked him what was wrong and he said his girl was cheating on him again. I laughed and said kick her to the curb. He looked at me with those blue eyes and said that he loved her. I won't even go into what happened to my oldest son. I really don't like women very much. I know there are girls out there that aren't like that, but my oldest son has never met one and he's 35. My youngest son is married and is going to make me a grandmother in August. I've never treated anyone that way, and I guess I just don't understand it.

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Yeah, I would date maybe but probably not get married again... 

Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way!  My husband and I are happily married but I do tell him sometimes that IF something ever did happen to our relationship , I would never be with another man because I hate men now! 

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Lol glad to see this is a common feeling. =).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I feel that way too. I might not even date much if we were to get divorced. It would seem like so much work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know if it's normal or not.   I know it's not for me.   My husband is still head over heels and gaa gaa over me and we've been married for 10 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN