Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

wedding question

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies....

This is the first wedding I've ever planned or helped to plan and my mom and I are way out of the loop on traditions and what not. I have four bridesmaids. Only one has to travel by plane to be able to attend the wedding. I'm stuck on gifts for my bridesmaids! So far I've bought each one of them the True Love Diamond Candle. Those are $25.00 each. What is an appropriate amount to spend on a gift for a bridesmaid?

PS: They aren't helping much with planning. My mom is really doing the majority of it since I am overseas right now. I basically just expect them to show up, help me get ready, stand with me and then kick off their shoes and have a great time!! What do I get my four favorite ladies???

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MiddleAgeMess
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I would think between $25-$50 each.

It's been my experience that brides like to give jewelry to be worn the wedding day. It's also been my experience that I can't stand wearing gaudy costume jewelry. A candle and nice lotion, or a keychain, ornament, pay for manicures &/or pedicures before the big day, travel coffee mug. Something sentimental & useful would be my pick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Usually some jewlery that they wear to the wedding is appropriate. Depending on the cost of your wedding I think people spend $50-150 per person per gift. My brother and sil got gifts that they engraved for everyone. Their bridesmaids got necklaces. Do a google search for bridesmaids gifts and you'll get tons of ideas.
Hulagirl55
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:28 AM

Ahh!! I completely forgot I've bought them each a pair of pink fresh water pearl earrings to wear that day. They were really inexpensive ($7 each). Okay so now I'm up to $32 per girl.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I think that's enough, the candle and jewelry, very nice.

Lisa_Lynn
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am buying mine personalized flip flops for the end of the night when their feet get sore. lol and not sure what else.

GodsAmiga
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I gave my bridesmaid and matron of honor a simple but elegant necklace. I actually wore a matching one as well. I couldn't afford to get anything extravagant and neither of them were expecting anything anyways. :-) We all loved the necklaces and they looked really nice with the dresses. My sister-in-law gave all of us bridesmaids matching earrings to wear for the wedding that we got to keep. :-) I think you're giving them enough. :-)

pristine729
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM
I agree

Quoting Lindalou907:

I think that's enough, the candle and jewelry, very nice.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I bought mine a bracelet & earrings, and I got them each a hanger and put the first letter of there name on the wooden hanger. I used sticky letters from Michaels. I had a hanger for myself and it said Mrs. They loved it! It was inexpensive and super cute :) congrats and don't stress yourself out over there gifts. You could also get them a bracelet personalized at Things Remembered, you could have there names written on the charm.
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Quoting LilliesValley:

Usually some jewlery that they wear to the wedding is appropriate. Depending on the cost of your wedding I think people spend $50-150 per person per gift. My brother and sil got gifts that they engraved for everyone. Their bridesmaids got necklaces. Do a google search for bridesmaids gifts and you'll get tons of ideas.

Exactly this.
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I have no idea, I only had one bridesmaid (my maid of honor) and didn't get her a gift.  Here's a BUMP for you though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)