Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So nervous!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 9 Replies
Dh wants to go out tonight. We never go out by ourselves. We haven't been out other than for our anniversary in over 3 yrs! I would like to go out bit know we can't afford it. He just went back to work 3 wks ago after being out of work for over 2 months. We have 2 dd's, 2 1/2 & 7 months & 1 on the way in 5 months. So money is very tight. Also I feel like he's only wanting to take me out because over the weekend we had a bad fight. Nothing physical just yelling & saying things we didn't mean. He's not the romantic type & not big on intimacy. And he blames me getting upset cause he is so distracted by everything else when i try to get him in the mood on hormones. It makes me mad.
Anyway we apologized they text while he was at work Tuesday. He said we would go out this weekend just the 2 of since our 2 yr old dd is spending a few days at my parents. He even suggested seeing if they'd watch 7 month old dd. But it's a long drive just so they can watch her for a couple hrs so he said she would just go with us. I told him over & over we can't afford to go out. He keeps saying we are. I don't want him to take me out to make up for the weekend. I want him to because he wants to spend time with me. Because he loves me. I feel nervous about going out cause I don't know what to talk about with him anymore. I don't know how to dress because he never notices when I dress up, fix my hair or wear make up. I just don't want to go & it be like every other time we go out.
Sorry for the long vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you are seriously over thinking this. Just go out and relax.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Go out and have fun!
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Relax momma..!! You're thinking to much about it, you could go out and have a great time. *deep breaths*
furbabymum
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

You can go out without it costing a lot. I don't know how many times we go out to the parks and such. I can even convince him to swing with me. Go feed some ducks (really cheap date for us as we have 8 ducks ;) ) and just BE together. You don't have to talk about anything. Silence can be good too. However, if you want to have something to talk about go research things he likes or read the newspaper, etc.

He may feel "forced" into this date but it sounds like you two could use some serious reconnecting anyway.

Armywifeholcomb
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps he actually thought you two NEEDED to go out, not just bc he feels guilty.
If you don't know what to talk about anymore, that sounds like a sign that you Really do need to go and enjoy each other!
Are you sure he never notices you getting dressed up? Just bc he doesn't Say it doesn't mean he doesn't notice...
What happens "every other time you go out"?
kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM
We have only been out a couple times since w got married almost 3 yrs ago. We went out last March for our anniversary. We sat at the table & barely spoke. When we did talk it was about work, our dd, dd I was preg with. The only other time we went out was while we were Christmas shopping. It was just like our anniversary only less talking.
He might notice when I dress up but never days anything. Never compliments me.

Quoting Armywifeholcomb:

Perhaps he actually thought you two NEEDED to go out, not just bc he feels guilty.

If you don't know what to talk about anymore, that sounds like a sign that you Really do need to go and enjoy each other!

Are you sure he never notices you getting dressed up? Just bc he doesn't Say it doesn't mean he doesn't notice...

What happens "every other time you go out"?

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Agreed.It sounds like you two really need this time together and take it as a good sign that he wants too...don't overthink about WHY you think he wants to.You don't have to spend a lot of money either.Just relax and enjoy it!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I think you are seriously over thinking this. Just go out and relax.

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I'm trying to relax! But I feel like I did when I was waiting for him to pick me up for our first date. Nervous!!! Also excited! I don't know what to wear since we're just going to our favorite Mexican restaurant.
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Just go out and enjoy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN