Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Date Nights Out

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

How often do you go out for dates? What are some of your favorite date night out activities?

When was the last time you went out? What did you do?

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We rarely go out. Last year, we went on 1 date outside the home. We're doing better this year, we've already had 2 and it's only February! LOL.

My favorite kind of date night out is what I call the progressive date. We start somewhere for drinks and appetizers (usually during happy hour!), then go to another place for dinner, then we do something fun like bowling or mini golf, and then hit up another place for dessert!

Our last date night was actually just last Wednesday. We went out to eat and then we went to see Wicked, the musical! It was fun!

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Rarely. It's usually dinner. Sometimes a movie. Before kids we went to concerts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briebaby123
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM

We haven't been out just the two of us in a while, but we normally watch a movie and go out to eat...

Last date, we went out for lunch, and we made the promise to not talk about our daughter...which is a lot harder than we thought!!

Mantidae
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM

We try to do dates as often as possible, but usually that's only a couple times a month.  What we do varies wildly. We like to hit up trivia night at a local bar.  Wine tastings and art shows are amazing.  The drive in movie is always a nice option.  Hiking.  Picnics in secluded places...

Basically as long as a date presents an opportunity for fun or for messing around in a new place, we're game ;-)

marie2409
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
We go about every other weekend. We like Hooters and Outback. I know, we enjoy chain places...the horror!! Sorry, too much time in the MC group on here lol. We also enjoy local bars/pubs with a good band playing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM
We go out once every 2 months or so. We usually go out for drinks or dinner ;)
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Dates? What are those? Lol. We haven't had a date since August, actually we've had 4 dates in 19 months.
Kari_Noelle
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

We usually would just go to dinner

Before we did it every other weekend, now its like once a month because of finances and having to find a sitter

by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Not too often. I feel bad asking my parents to watch the kids since they watch the 2 year old while I work 3x weekly and I don't feel VERY comfortable with the 12/13 year olds in my neighborhood doing bedtime yet. Though I am sure it would be fine. And my kids LOVE them.

But, I ask for at last our anniversary and my birthday (Jan and April) So we went out for our anniversary to this lounge/club/bar/resurant I had been wanting to try. It was so nice but we were there WAYYYY to early! Lol! Such losers we are. But the kids slept at my parents so at least we had that when we got home. (at 8pm!)

Now we finally got more comped rooms in Atlantic City through the end of April. Birthday Present!!! :) Gotta hit mom up for that. That's our favorite thing to do, me and DH. So that will be really fun. 

And my SIL is here until April and said if we want to do dinner or something one night she will babysit. So I may hit her up for that at some point. 

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:40 PM
We never go, I feel bad asking my mother to sit for us as she is the only sitter we have and she already gets used when the hubs or I have class, an appt, etc. and we are broke. Our dates consist of the boys being in bed, popping in a movie from Netflix, and pouring a glass of wine lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)