Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do you hang out with your SO and his friends?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 42 Replies
My husband wants to go hang out with his friends every so often, but he never lets me go with him and I have no idea why. He gives me some BS excuse about "guy time" or whatever, but I've never been in a relationship where we weren't also friends who could hang out in a group or something. It just baffles me and makes me feel like to him, I can't exist outside the family. I never go anywhere, and if I do, he is always my first choice of who I want to go with. He only takes me with him if we're going on a double date or something. He's my best friend. Am I just being weird here? Do any of you ever hang out as a group?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Yes I have. And sometimes I say no because I want him to have his guy time without me.
Armywifeholcomb
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
It's normal for us to go hang out with them together. Speaking of... I wonder what happened to going out with them this weekend...
If he wanted just guy time I'd let him have it but even if its going for a ride with his best friend and step-dad I'm there with him... He gets away for work so when he's here, we like doing stuff together...
efeyer25
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My hubby goes and hangs out with his friends without me and has his "guy time" every so often and that's just fine with me! I trust him and know he's not doing anything and I wouldn't want to go if he asked me to! lol

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

We built a bar in our basement complete with a pool table and music equipment.  I'm around DH's friends ALL THE TIME.  They come over for lunch now!  lol

rockyhugs35
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I can hang out with hubby and his friends. I'd be offended if I "wasn't allowed" it'd make me feel like he was kidding something. 99% of the time I say no thanks go have fun. But I'm always invited if I want.
Gina1109
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Eh.. I know his friends and we've hung out together but I'd rather him have his guy time just like he knows my friends but I don't care for him to be there during my girl time.
SoKamele
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

The only group hanging out we do is with family.

He doesn't do "guy" time......with his "buddies". I think he thinks he spends so much time with them at work......he doesn't want to after work.

He's a pretty solitary guy. We live very close to several of my family members...and that seems to be enough for him.

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Yes.Usually when the guys plan something,it's family or couple type things anyways so we all hang out together.I'd be A-OK with him doing just guy things,but with the hours he works he prefers to spend his off time with us so the type of friend things we do really works out best anyways.

dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Yes we all hang out together since we are all married. He never goes out by himself with friends.
MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I hang out with him and his friends sometimes but he has his guy time also. His best friends though are my cousins. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN