Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do you hang out with your SO and his friends?

Posted by   + Show Post
My husband wants to go hang out with his friends every so often, but he never lets me go with him and I have no idea why. He gives me some BS excuse about "guy time" or whatever, but I've never been in a relationship where we weren't also friends who could hang out in a group or something. It just baffles me and makes me feel like to him, I can't exist outside the family. I never go anywhere, and if I do, he is always my first choice of who I want to go with. He only takes me with him if we're going on a double date or something. He's my best friend. Am I just being weird here? Do any of you ever hang out as a group?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I would talk to him and ask him why you're never invited. We always hang out in groups unless they go golfing or have the occasional guys night.
kristina0121
My SO goes to his friends' house to hang out a few times a month. Then a few times a month his friends come here. He wont leave me alone if our kids aren't here, and ill let him go have free time if they are. Sometimes his friends come when the kids are here and usually right around bedtime so we can play games and hang out together.

He also tells me that anytime I want to go out, he will stay home with the kids but I don't have many friends and most of the time I'm too exhausted to go anywhere. But I like to know I can if I want to.

Everyone needs a life outside their relationship. Don't take it personally. Guys act different around women and they probably just don't want to have to be polite. Guys need to be guys sometimes! It would only bother me if it were all couples and he was going alone. But all my SO's friends are single so that's never the case with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackcat1o2
Ok well at least I know I'm not crazy for making that kind of a request! It's not a trust thing, I know he's not doing anything. Mostly it just makes me feel really bad, that's all.
kristina0121
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and he always asks permission before he leaves. If I want him home, he stays and he's never complained. But 90% of the time I let him go because he rarely asks and he's sooo good to me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackcat1o2
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
See, I wouldn't mind him going alone every once in a while. What bugs me is that I am NEVER ALLOWED to hang out, and I don't know why :/

Quoting kristina0121:

My SO goes to his friends' house to hang out a few times a month. Then a few times a month his friends come here. He wont leave me alone if our kids aren't here, and ill let him go have free time if they are. Sometimes his friends come when the kids are here and usually right around bedtime so we can play games and hang out together.

He also tells me that anytime I want to go out, he will stay home with the kids but I don't have many friends and most of the time I'm too exhausted to go anywhere. But I like to know I can if I want to.

Everyone needs a life outside their relationship. Don't take it personally. Guys act different around women and they probably just don't want to have to be polite. Guys need to be guys sometimes! It would only bother me if it were all couples and he was going alone. But all my SO's friends are single so that's never the case with us.

MrsShipley21
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Of course his friends are my friends ^_^

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM

all of DF's friends and I get along... shit, there are times that they come over and hang out when he's not home yet from work. 

I do believe that a guy needs "guy time" but all of the time is a bit much.

Shelly126
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM
We are high school sweethearts so we know each others friends very well, most of them are married with kids so we often hang out together. His single or divorced friends often come to the house and hang out in the den watching tv or BBQ-ing in the yard. We have young children (2yr old twin boys) so when we go out for an evening it's usually about us so we will be together either on date night or with another couple. He does on rare occasion go for a burger and a beer with a guy or guys but that is like I said rare. And not because I have a problem with it, DH also works a lot of hours and commutes daily so he says he enjoys being home with his family.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Todd and I both prefer not to have friends other

Eachother

and

Our young adult kids and their significant others

and   our parents and siblings.

Those are the only people we choose to hang out with and go places with etc.  Todd and I like to spend as much time together as possible and we always have fun no matter what we do or where we go

We are very friendly to other people just dont make personal hang out friend relationships with any of them.

YVONNE

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Yeah..always. he's also best friends with my cousin. It's not always just the guys but other women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN