Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

His family disrespects me

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 41 Replies

I am literally holding back tears. My bf and I been together eight years. We have a kid together and he and I have one from previous relationships. My biggest issue is his family and the lack of involment they have with my two children and also the things i see in his phone that they say about me. His sister just called me the B word. He didnt even defend me and tell her not to talk about me in that manner. He recently proposed with stipulations and ask me to make up with his family in orde to pick a wedding date so i declined and told him to take the ring back. When his sister ask was he engaged he said F No.. I dont see why he didnt tell her what actually happened. I dont know im trying not to get upset about what i saw and just figure out what i wanna do . This is not the first time i seen things and he hasnt had my back. I have never been alone in year so even though times i want to break away its hard for me to ... even when im paying all the bills and helping him through barber school

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MiddleAgeMess
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand my sil.

HOWEVER, she is the wife of my brother and the mother of my niece and nephew, so I don't say anything negative to her or my brother. There's no excuse for them to be rude and disrespectful toward you directly or indirectly.

Your bf needs to step up to the plate and take care of the family he created. It doesn't even mean he has to agree with you, it just means he needs to put his foot down and not let them talk bad about you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds complicated. If he does not defend you know ai can already the headaches you will face with his family in the future. He needs to put his foot down he doesn't show is level of respect towards you.
amberstars
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Leave his ass.  Any man that doesn't stick up for his wife is a loser and isn't worth your time.  If he won't stick up for you now then chances are he won't stick up for when you get married.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

opal10161973
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:26 AM

What happened that you need to 'make up' with his family?  I am just wondering why he thinks you need to apologize.

He doesn't even stand up for you.  I would have a real problem with that.  He would need to be apologizing to me for that and never let that happen again.

Tyger88
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting amberstars:

Leave his ass.  Any man that doesn't stick up for his wife is a loser and isn't worth your time.  If he won't stick up for you now then chances are he won't stick up for when you get married.

You are SO Right amberstars :) This just plain makes me mad to read. You putting him thru Barber school & paying the bills & he Treats you like that?  NO F*** kin way.. Please Don't get married & run fast.

Tyger88cat

Tyger88
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I am guessing he is the type to throw you under the bus someday. Sorry I will be quiet now ..LOL

AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Not cool of him. My DH would NEVER tolerate his family disrespecting me or talking junk behind my back. He would set them straight and If the shit talking continued he would cut ties with them. You should always each others backs and never allow people to call you names, family or not.
liz.1986
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
My Dh didn't tolerate that from his mom. She was disrespecting me left and right and he told her he wasn't hearing it anymore. That she didn't have to like me but she did have to respect me because I'm his wife and the mother of his children.
MommyO2-6631
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM
It's not just his family disrespecting you. You deserve much better ((hugs))
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Yeah if he doesn't stand up for you you'll never have a good life with him. Get counseling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN