Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm sure this has been asked before, but...

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 58 Replies

When you first found out you were pregnant :

What did you do?

How did you tell your husband??

How did he respond??

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briebaby123
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I freaked and double checked to make sure it was true!!

(it was 6am) I ran and jumped on him in bed and squealed, "I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant!" 

His first response, "You promised you weren't gonna wake me up." Then, "Are you sure? You're positive?" And then he was excited, but hesitant. (We had just miscarried 2 months before and he wanted the doctors to confirm it.)

NoahsMommy10412
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I waited until it was confirmed by an ultrasound then I cried and hypervenalted. Also my boyfriend was with me when we found out. He was very quiet and scared. He didn't know how we were gonna support the baby or how he was going to tell his parents. Everything turned out just fine for us.

I also told my mom at the hospital when I found out. I called her and was kinda freaking out and asked her to come. She asked where I was so I told her I was at the hospital. She asked why and I said I'd tell her when she got to the hospital so of course she thought the worse.

MiddleAgeMess
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I bawled my eyes out, and not in a good way. I was planning on leaving my abusive bf and after trying w/ both my prior marriages was under the assumption i couldnt have children. Just to be sure though I was using otc bc. He knew i was taking the test, so there wasnt really any telling him, he knew from the reaction. It was bad. :(

However, my ds is the light of my life and I wiuldnt change circumstance for anything. My dh judt adopted him and weare planning on having his vasectomy reversed to try for another.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Amy on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Wel, he was the one that suggested I take the test..lol.  So I was in the bathroom, and he was in the living room.  I didn't think I was pregnant - I was just taking it to humor him.  I take a look at the test (which was positive), and the first words out of my mouth were "Holy Shit!"  He runs in "Is everything ok?!"  I showed him the test and we hugged.  Then our doorbell rang...lol.  We had friends over for board games (we didn't tell them), and he kept checking on me, making sure I was comfortable, etc.  It was pretty cute. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I went right to my husband and showed him the test, he was scared but happy.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I was scared with both. I took the test and told him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Freaked out and called my friend bawling like a baby

Sat him down on the couch, rambled a bit, and blurted it out

Sat there stunned and then started calling his friends and family saying, "My boys can swim!"

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first i took a test just because i hadnt had a period in like 2 months (i was horrid about keeping track) and was like oh shit..... went to my husbands work and said "guess what?"And he said "you're pregnant?" He was mostly joking but yea lol alittle surprised. With my 2nd we had been trying and i actually cant remember how i told him or his reaction ha... i had already started getting sick before i took the test and tested the day my period was due. So he wasnt surprised lol i knew way before i took the test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Super Happy
I called him.
Yayyyyyy lets share the great news
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know..  it hasn't happened yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)