Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Modern day Romance Novel moment

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: how many of you would like it if their so did this?

Options:

love

would sh*t a brick

indiferent

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

I called my husband when he got off work to see if he could pick me up some tampons because mother nature took it upon herself to drop by when I was fresh out of them. I said " hey I need tampons, and don't forget I ne-"I know, you need the plastic applicator ones because you don't like cardboard." I replied" You remembered ??!" He says" Of course why wouldn't I ?"

To me this was a huge deal, he always forgets everything, so this was a big surprise. He gets home and they didnt have plastic ones at the store he went to, so he comes home empty handed.(sigh).Next morning he wakes up early before work and gets me the right flow amt, right type and everything and even picked up midol completes for me ( i asked for them a few days before). I was stunned I didnt even ask him to get them recently and he remembered. Now it may not be a scene from the Notebook but to me thats pretty darn close.

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crystalrbp
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:13 AM
I said love because dh refuses to stop and buy me tampons. He will either say just get them yourself or I'll be home in a little while ill watch the kids and you can go grab some
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Love. My SO is very thought ful like this.. I love it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My husband is like this.  He buys me "period kits" when I start..  

Pads/Tampons
Chocolate
Chips (for salt)
and sometimes Flowers!! 

moniagee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
This is what my dh does. Except he doesn't get my flowers (I'm not.a fan of.live flowered) he gets me a new journal or a pretty pack of ink pens (I write poetry)

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

My husband is like this.  He buys me "period kits" when I start..  

Pads/Tampons
Chocolate
Chips (for salt)
and sometimes Flowers!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

When I ask my husband to get me maxie pads. He has no problem getting them

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

DH scraped the icy windshield one morning before he went to work, even though he was running late because he, "Didn't want you standing outside in the freezing cold."

It was one of the sweetest things he's ever done -- it just really showed how thoughtful he is.

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I said love because I would be shocked if DH remembered what type of feminine hygeine products I use. lol

He's done some pretty special things over the years. He was the first person to ever buy me flowers and it was a pretty sweet moment. :)

Shelly126
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Love, my DH doesn't remember which pads I use, but he does come home with some treats too, like a favorite magazine and some chocolates. He will also go out of his way to different stores to find the brand I ask for.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)