Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

dh, mil drama long

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
Background. My mil is very jealous of my kids other grandparents she watches ds 1-2 days a week and once a week we have my parents or dhs dad watch them. She is constantly posting in fb things like " why don't I have MY baby. Im jealous!" She calleDH yelling at him about his dad watching ds for a couple of hours saying that if we took him over there we needed to find someone else to watch him every other time. My parents had kids yesterday and my sister post a pic and again mil commented on it asking why she didn't have him she even called dh at work and asked him why. I've had a lot of drama with family lately and made a post on fb with no names saying how I was tired of the bs and people need to grow up. I asked dh to tell her something about it and he blew me off saying she was joking. She saw my post and it all blew up she called yelling at me calling me a bitch and every name under the sun not letting ne talk and hanging up then called back again calling me more names calling my family uneducated hispanics my mom and sister bitches saying she's done with me im nothing to her ,she's moving two hrs away because of metwo and telling dh to divorce me. I again can't get a word in dh tells me I need to be respectful to her thus if all my fault and didn't tell her a thing just let her. Im so angry, I text her apologizing for my post and told her it was for multiple people and she deleted me off everything. Am I wrong, shouldn't my husband be standing up for me, she's constantly trying yo run my marriage always in the middle of it and everytime dh and I have an argument he's taking to her about it, im so angry and hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kalejames2010
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this
He needs to stand up for you and quit talking to his mom about your alls problems.
Jen0911
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That'd exactly what I say but he won't:/
Bknotnobody
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs to stop being a duh. He's throwing you under the bus y'all need to be together and he's only looking out for his mom. Time to grow some lady balls :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jen0911
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I told him I'm tired of competing to actually be his wife, he always picks her over me. He seriously told me he wasn't going to tell her she was wrong or can't talk tome that way because she is his mom
opal10161973
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I realise that that is his Mom, but you are his wife and a part of his family unit now, she is on the outside and he needs to respect you and tell her to back off.  If he won't listen when you ask that simple thing, then you need to go to therapy or this will eventually end up in divorce court.  He needs to choose, you and his family unit, or his Mom- he cannot have both as his family unit. She doesn't have the right to know what is going on in your relationship either, unless he plans of some form of incest- she needs to stay out of it.  I think I just grossed myself out a bit.  :S

Think of family units as cells, you, him, and the kids are the nucleus and the rest of the family is outside of the nucleus, but still a part of the cell.  Without the nucleus being intact, the cell breaks down completely.  His Mom is causing an unhealthy pressure to be put onto the family unit, which will eventually cause the cell to die.  Does that help?  IDK, I'm such a geek everything comes out in some form of science.  LOL

Jen0911
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That does help maybe I'll show your reply to him. It's just so stressful because I see it the way you do and he doesn't it's like he wants or marriage to be hers and it's not.
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM
You all need to stop airing your dirty laundry on Facebook. Instead of getting mad at him maybe you should have dealt with the situation, like an adult.
Jen0911
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Your right and like I said I apologized for my post that had no names or references to any of them.

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

You all need to stop airing your dirty laundry on Facebook. Instead of getting mad at him maybe you should have dealt with the situation, like an adult.

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You are wrong for posting a rant on FB. It's just as immature as her being jealous when others watch your child.

The adult way to deal with this is simply explain she will be keeping him these days, that you understand she loves him, but you will not be engaging in conversations with her when she doesn't like it when someone else watches your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Does she HAVE to watch your child? Do you rely on her for daycare? Change! Put her in timeout until she learns some manners... oh, and never go all P/A on FB. It never works out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN