Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why did he marry YOU?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM
  • 77 Replies
3 moms liked this

My husband says this is why he married me among other reasons.

If you asked your DH why he married you what do you think he would say?
Have you ever asked/ talked about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Why yes. The pastor just asked us this. His answer was 7pages long. It was the most amazingly beautiful answer. I was stunned. It was sweet to hear why he loves me and why he married me.

Sometimes days fly by and you forget why you are together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM
I've asked him why and he sort of shrugged and gave me a vague "I need you" type of spiel. We're not good with words kind of people.
SoKamele
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

He said cuz I didn't give him any choice.

briebaby123
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I just asked him this question the other day, because I was upset about something....
lol
He said, "You're beautiful, you love me more than I ever thought anyone could, you take great care of me and I don't deserve it. And because I love you, and knew you were the one." :D  

amberstars
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Eagle married me at the insistence of his ex-wife.  But we fell in love with each other too and got married.  We would never marry someone we weren't in love with.

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Shotgun wedding? O.o

Quoting SoKamele:

SoKamele
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:59 AM

No..lol.....

I asked him if he was gonna waste my time......and were we gonna get married or not. I thought because he had been a bachlor for a while.....it was gonna take some time to pop the question.......well he surprised me!!!!!! This was on a Wednesday...he wanted to get married that Friday....lol.

15 years........and counting.

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Shotgun wedding? O.o

Quoting SoKamele:

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

He never asked me to marry him. He met my dad and mom for the first time in November 2003 we had been together 4 months and my dad asked are you guys going to get married and he looked and me and looked at my dad and said yea Does January 17 2004 sound good? My dad said yup we will set up and pay for everything all you 2 have 2 do is show up. Needless to say my dad and husband kinda gave me purposed to each other dad aked hubby set the date lol but been together ever since. (BTW he never asked me to be his gf either) lol

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Because I am strong, independent, and supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annasmom1234
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

We've talked about it.  He said he knew I was "the one" when we met, and that I am his "split apart" or soul mate.  I feel exactly the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN