Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did your Hubby . . .

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 38 Replies
How did your hubby propose?
I don't have a cute engagement story. Mine is kind of funny actually. .

My parents didn't agree with our relationship at first, we started dating when I was 16. We had to sneak around to be together. All along our plan was that on my 18th birthday I would move in with him. . Well, about two months before my bday he sent me a text that said, " This is way out in left field but.... Will you marry me?" A few days later he surprised me at my work with a gorgeous ring. And about two weeks later I told my mom and she kicked me out. ( now she loves him more than she loves me!)
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
We were standing in the kitchen doing dishes and he said "lets get married this summer" and I said "okay".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_382
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
my mother told me I should get married to him I was only 16 then we got married when I was 17 he told me to do it even if I didn't love him enough to do it because he didn't want me to go through my bad life anymore now it's been married for 9 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k_cook12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
The day before my 19th bday my husband(bf at the time) and I were getting something to eat from Taco Bell and when we got in the car we sat there for a minute talking and out of the blue he was like "i cant wait until tomorrow to give you your bday present so here it is." He pulls out the ring and asks me to marry him. I didnt say anything for what felt like an hour and the only thing that came out my mouth was sure smh.
Zazayam
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

He said "I'm gonna keep you." and gave me a ring, I said "Good plan." and put it on. So I guess he didn't ask, lol.

We're so romantical.

DKk0531
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
We were enegaged twice. The first time he just walked into the bathroom when i was in the shower and said hey will you marry me and i said sure. His mom broke it up. That was in oct 2011. In june 2012 we were at a renaissance faire and i bought him a promise ring for our anniversry. A few days later he took his ring off and told me he didnt like wearing his ring because i cant wear mine untill we are engaged and i said oh ok then put it next to mine in the jewerly box. I went out to get some water and came back to the room and my ring was on my pillow and his on his pillow. He said i told you i wont wear it untill you are wearing yours so will you marry me. And i said ya lol. Got married dec 15, 2012
Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM

We were both deployed in Iraq and he ordered an engagement ring online. We were in my room and he asked me to marry him. 

Babygirl9609
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Mine isn't what I expected but I was shocked. We went out this past Valentine's day (Yeah I just recently got engaged!) and we went to this fair thing they have every Thursday and they had a horse carriage ride thing for Valentine's day. We went on it but it wasn't just us....it was this other couple and then two girls w/ their kids. Yeah not the way I pictured it but he said he had another suprise for me and he told me to reach into his pocket. Then I opened it and I was suprised it was a ring. He never said..."will you marry me"?....but obviously it was an engagement ring.....I always pictured it as...he would get down on one knee and ask me. But yup...that's my story.

MiddleAgeMess
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM
No proposal, no engagement, just mutually deciding when and where we'd get married.

A hundred times we had the "perfect moment" that I'd hoped with bated breath to be THE moment he'd ask, only to be disappointed.
MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:43 AM
DH and I had been in a long term relationship--had two babies together (yeah we did everything backwards). One day my SD comes running into the apartment and she's all freaked out. "Mom! Dad caught something and I think it's hurt!" (I'm known as the animal rescuer and we had a ton of squirrels around our apartment). So I grab a blanket and run out to help however I can and he's down on one knee with his hands cupped together like he has a bug. I asked him what it was and he opens his hands and the ring box at the same time and there's this gorgeous ring. I asked him if he was serious. Honestly, I didn't think he'd ever ask. He'd been married twice and they were both trainwrecks!
mommaalways247
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Quoting DKk0531:

We were enegaged twice. The first time he just walked into the bathroom when i was in the shower and said hey will you marry me and i said sure. His mom broke it up. That was in oct 2011. In june 2012 we were at a renaissance faire and i bought him a promise ring for our anniversry. A few days later he took his ring off and told me he didnt like wearing his ring because i cant wear mine untill we are engaged and i said oh ok then put it next to mine in the jewerly box. I went out to get some water and came back to the room and my ring was on my pillow and his on his pillow. He said i told you i wont wear it untill you are wearing yours so will you marry me. And i said ya lol. Got married dec 15, 2012

This is so similar to our story! We were also engaged twice, second was just assumed. We married 12-14-14 :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN