Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

planning a wedding what do I do

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
So I have finally gotten a date set but I am trying to do this in the most inexpensive way but in a way where it is still traditional with a wedding gown my guests are more interested in dancing and drinking than they are about food. So I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be awesome thank you! !!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
bump for later! When I can think! lol
AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you checked out Pinterest? They have a lot of great ideas for weddings.
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

When you're getting price quotes with people like florists or for cake do NOT tell them it's for a wedding.  Large event is all they need to know.  There are places that will quote higher prices for weddings over general events.  Check Costco if you're thinking of buying liquor, they have some really great wines by the case for good prices.  Also look at local mom and pop cafes for catering, often they're cheaper than using larger catering joints.  These days you can do your play-list on an iPod and just run it rather than higher a DJ, or look into the local college's sound department, you might find a student willing to do it cheap for the experience.

{addition} Also, for food, if you go with a more casual menu, like appetizers, you can save some expence as opposed to going with a full sit down meal.  Buffet style where people can just graze at will.

dksport03
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Try http://www.theknot.com/ you can get some great ideas

momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I haven't! But I will now! Thank you ;)

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Have you checked out Pinterest? They have a lot of great ideas for weddings.

momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Great suggestions thank you very much! !

Quoting IQuitCounting:

When you're getting price quotes with people like florists or for cake do NOT tell them it's for a wedding.  Large event is all they need to know.  There are places that will quote higher prices for weddings over general events.  Check Costco if you're thinking of buying liquor, they have some really great wines by the case for good prices.  Also look at local mom and pop cafes for catering, often they're cheaper than using larger catering joints.  These days you can do your play-list on an iPod and just run it rather than higher a DJ, or look into the local college's sound department, you might find a student willing to do it cheap for the experience.

{addition} Also, for food, if you go with a more casual menu, like appetizers, you can save some expence as opposed to going with a full sit down meal.  Buffet style where people can just graze at will.

momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Just signed up ;) thx

Quoting dksport03:

Try http://www.theknot.com/ you can get some great ideas

witch_e_woman
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Congrats. I know what your going through, I'm going through it right now & it's been hell on me trying to plan everything.

However, I found this "awesome" wedding site called:  http://www.weddingwire.com/    go there & check it out, Its wonderful, you can create your own wedding website for all your friends,family & guests, it also helps you buget your entire wedding out, it has so many features for us new brides its just a life saver.

I tryed going through THE KNOT & didnt find that site to be as good as this one is. JMHO though.

It's been very helpful to me, heres my site if you wanna check it out:

http://www.weddingwire.com/ginankathy

The password to enter is: yesiam333

Best of luck to you & all your planning !

nicole2884
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM
You could do a 7 pm wedding 730 reception with apps cake an drinks
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Good idea!!

Quoting nicole2884:

You could do a 7 pm wedding 730 reception with apps cake an drinks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN