Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my husband jealous of our newborn baby?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 43 Replies

I need some input. I have a 1 month old baby that takes up most of my time. Before the baby my husband and I did everything together, now that the baby is here we barely watch tv together. My husband is now complaining that I don't spend time with him, he even asked me if I liked him anymore. I've explained to him the situation but he doesn't seem to understand. How do i take care of baby without neglecting my husband?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this
Have your husband help with the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Amy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Have him help take care of the baby as well? 

Jezebel21
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

He tries to help but when the baby is really fussy he gives up. He wants us to do the things we did before the baby was here. He's having trouble adjusting to our new life.

veganistic
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'm not sure what you can do, other than really push yourself And spread your self thin trying to satisfy both of them, but i can tell you it's extremely common.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely make sure to lavish him with praise at every opportunity... you can't spend as much time doing things with him, but you can still make him feel important and needed.
Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM

It's commong for new mothers to spend a bit TOO much time on their newborns. Remember you are also married as well, and have to know when to take some time from focusing just on the baby, to focusing on your marriage as well.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Your life is going to be very different from here on out. It will never be the way it was before ever again, and it's a rough adjustment for everyone. Honestly, he's just going to have to get over it. He'll pout for a while, but it's not like you can just ignore the baby to pay attention to him. 

Even if both parties really, really wanted to have a baby, few people realize how much it changes every aspect of your life until baby actually arrives and it throws everything into chaos. No one realizes how difficult it is and how it will change your relationship.

Jezebel21
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

i do admit i've neglected him thinking he understands. i need to make more of an effort to make our marriage better. i do need to make him feel needed.

babygrlsmommy
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Your baby is still new, I know this is easier said than done, but give it time. When the baby is napping, or at night, try to make a little time for just the two of you again, after a while, it will get easier, and once the baby gets older, it will get easier for the two of you to get alone time. Same thing happened with us, it takes time, but make sure to let him know you love him. Surprise him with a "pass by kiss" as I call it, lol! Good luck hun, it should get easier with time. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Show him more attention! Have 1 night a week where you cuddle with him, watch a movie, eat a nice dinner together. You need to find more time for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)