Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever been on a train?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 55 Replies

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yup, a few times.  Although I don't think I'll ever ever ever ride Amtrak again.  The 1st and only time I was on one of those things, it derailed over a bridge.  Yay!!

PEEK05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yes

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yes, went on a train tour in Canada. It was beautiful.

wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No, but I've always wanted to. I know it may sound childish, but it's always been a dream of mine to ride at least one, you know one that cuts through the country side or goes over a big bridge.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Only at the park, amusement parks lol do those count??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

No, but can't wait to be! We plan to take the kids on the Alaskan Railway one of these summers soon!

Zazayam
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

We have a little train museum in town and they do a historical ride, I take the kids there but that's about it. Trains are really neat, not sure if I'd still love them if I took one cross country or something..

xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Yes, many times. 

deadlights86
by Emily on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

yep took Amtrack from sw ohio to washington dc that was a pretty but god awful long boring ride.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Yes several times, I LOVE being on trains. My favorite one was a few hour long scenic train ride in Canada called the Agawa Canyon Train .. so gorgeous!

Even though I LOVE being on trains and am terrified of planes, when we travel far we still plan on going by plane (and I'll be taking prescription anxiety meds too!)  bc I would have expected trains to be a lot cheaper than planes but they werent when we checked plus the planes are so much faster and so it gives us more time to vacation rather than waste time traveling to get to vacation.

But I do love being on a train.

PS the high spots and bridges are scary though

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)