Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding Ring

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 40 Replies

I was wondering if the size of your wedding ring matters to you? I see so many people say they need a certain amount of carats when they get engaged and married, but does it really matter!

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Absolutely not. I think a wedding band should be small and simple. An engagement ring doesn't have to be big but I think it should look like an obvious engagement ring.

LizzieAnnesMom
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM

This is mine. Its fake and i love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Not to me

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Not to me! My wedding ring was very inexpensive but I love it and I wouldnt have it any other way. :)

heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Doesnt matter. I dont have an engagement ring- I didnt want one. I knew we was getting married and so did everyone else who knew us. And our bands are not traditional at all- I have a plain titanium steel band and he has a titanium steel band with a carbon fiber inlay. We actually wanted tungsten, but they didnt make rings in his size, and there is the whole hazard with tungsten and his job. So we settled on titanium.

P.S. I have to be the only woman who doesnt like diamonds. Give me a sapphire or ruby or even black onyx over any diamonds.

CafeMom Tickers
Ifunanya
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I don't even have one...lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Nope. I dont like diamonds, so my ring is crystals, I think they look better in the light.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I dont like diamonds either.

Quoting heartagram_girl:

Doesnt matter. I dont have an engagement ring- I didnt want one. I knew we was getting married and so did everyone else who knew us. And our bands are not traditional at all- I have a plain titanium steel band and he has a titanium steel band with a carbon fiber inlay. We actually wanted tungsten, but they didnt make rings in his size, and there is the whole hazard with tungsten and his job. So we settled on titanium.

P.S. I have to be the only woman who doesnt like diamonds. Give me a sapphire or ruby or even black onyx over any diamonds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruffnekwife87
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I have no clue how much my engament ring was that was a total surprise its nothing big or fancy but I love it because of what it means (we never thought we would get married). My wedding ring on the other hand well we got that because I lost my engagement ring at a truck stop the day of our wedding so we ran to a jewelry store and for the low price of $80 got a new wedding set. Lol (I got my engament ring back after a trucker found it and turned it in with a letter saying some very lucky lady might want this back!)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

It doesn't to me, and i have 2 of them lol.  Both of mine are simple bands that are really pretty similar, i wear one on my left hand and one on my right.  It isn't about the ring it's about the people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)