Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your husband smoke as much weed as mine???

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 39 Replies

So my husband and I have been together for almost 5 years. He was in the Marine Corps but got out in 2009 right after we had our daughter.  Now we are both college students and doing the day -to-day life thing while raising our kiddo.  We live in Washington state where pot just got legalized, which is alright (even though I don't smoke it myself anymore) but my husband on the other hand smokes multiple times everyday (when he has weed). It has been driving me crazy because he acts so different when he's high (nicer and more easy going lol) but then he's grouchy when he's not. Today, he offered to take our daughter to dance class while I work on homework which was nice but before he was getting ready to go out the door he went into the garage (where he usually smokes).

I called for him and asked him if he was going out there to smoke and he told me yes. I politely asked him to please not smoke before he drives with our daughter because I don't think it's okay. Btw, he has always told me that 'he's fine' and still 'all there' while driving. I have been stoned/a little high before and if you smoke a lot, it definitely will alter the mind. He slammed the door and was pissed off as he walked out the door. We started arguing and he said I was controlling. So am I really controlling? Because last time I checked, I am a mother and will make sure no matter WHAT, that my daughter is safe. 

Oh yeah, months ago he decided to put our 3 year old in the front seat without a carseat to drive to mcD's a few blocks away. I FLIPPED out when I found out. 

Frustrated :-(

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alaskadreams
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

DH doesn't smoke.  And I ABSOLUTELY agree with you.  No way no how would I let someone smoke pot just before driving my child anywhere!  Even if they say they are "with it".  HELL NO

Lslk
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I have never done that stuff and never will. I would never be with someone who would do that kind of stuff and I sure as heck would NEVER let my kids around someone who does pot or anything like it.

If he is getting angry with you then it sounds like he may have an addiction now. IDK, IDK how that stuff works.

If your daughter were killed because of your husband doing pot, how would you feel? I would want to kill him!!!!!!

Just remember it is NOT your daughters habit but his and if he is doing it around her then he is making it her habit without her consent. I call that irresponsible parenting.

RhiannonMare
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

My ex did, then went to injecting meth and smoking crack.

gonecrazi
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Dh does not smoke, but I would not let my kids in the car with someone who was high.

ccoqui04
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting alaskadreams:

DH doesn't smoke.  And I ABSOLUTELY agree with you.  No way no how would I let someone smoke pot just before driving my child anywhere!  Even if they say they are "with it".  HELL NO

Unfortunately, we've had a rocky relationship since the beginning with hardly any trust, insecurities and personality clashes. I just want someone who is going to be responsible, not blow me off about how I think he should act. He always sees it as "well, that's the way YOU parent, but for me..." or "that's the way YOU feel, but it doesn't make you right". 

It's scary because if we ever do divorce, i'm going to be a nervous wreck wondering if he's being responsible and safe with our daughter. :-( 

ccoqui04
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lslk:

I have never done that stuff and never will. I would never be with someone who would do that kind of stuff and I sure as heck would NEVER let my kids around someone who does pot or anything like it.

If he is getting angry with you then it sounds like he may have an addiction now. IDK, IDK how that stuff works.

If your daughter were killed because of your husband doing pot, how would you feel? I would want to kill him!!!!!!

Just remember it is NOT your daughters habit but his and if he is doing it around her then he is making it her habit without her consent. I call that irresponsible parenting.

Pot isn't an addictive drug but people can get addicted (or used to) the way it makes them feel when they're high. It's kind of like alcohol where you can have a relaxed feeling, a good buzz, all the way up to being completely drunk (stoned). But I don't know how much he's smoking and he is always telling me "relax, i'm fine" or "I still have control". It's just not okay and yeah, it makes me worry if he will do it behind my back because he thinks i'm overreacting etc. 

ccoqui04
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Quoting RhiannonMare:

My ex did, then went to injecting meth and smoking crack.

Yikes! Some people just want to escape entirely... it's sad. 

Gmgej
by Michele on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Many many years ago my dh did, and we had many problems, similar to what you wrote. I tell you the day he quit was one of the happiest times of my life. He was miserable and grouchy for awhile but in the end he was fine. As long as he is toast most of the time he will never use logic, and whoever says pot isn't addictive, bullshit, to some it really is.

Beautifulmom513
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM

no my husband does not do drugs. and I would leave him immediately if he started that crap. thats an automatic deal breaker for me. If he needs drugs to function, then he has a problem. and I agree with you, that he should absolutely not be driving after he smokes. especially with a child in the car. that is dangerous and irresponsible.

PartyGalAnne
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

What a prince charming.

I guess you have plenty of money and have run out of other things to spend it on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)