Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it even worth it anymore?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 7 Replies
First let me say i love my husband very much, we are five weeks preggers and i do truly love him. Now, im so upset. I dont know if i can stay in this marriage anymore. I married him knowing his family are gonna be pains in the asses but i cant handle it anymore. When we told mil we were pregnant she kicked a trashcan out the window. They have been nothing but horrible to me and i just cant handle it anymore. Weve only been married three months next week and im already thinking about how much i wish we never got married and how much i want out. At first dh would listen to me and how i was feeling, now he talks and says he will talk to his family but pussys out when it comes to actually telling them to respect me. He talks about how much he doesnt want them in our lives but then wont say anything to them. Im just so exhausted fighting for his attention over his family. Which it isnt even fighting for his attention its fighting over his family and the way they treat me. Ugh idk. Is it worth it to he miserable in the marriage because of his family and him being a pussy to them or should i just end things. Im sorry its so long im just really upset over here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Funfetti.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

These are all things that should have resolved before a wedding took place.

He needs to stand his ground, and talk to his family....and until that happens you stay away from them. Why be around them if you get treated like shit, and your husband doesn't man up and tell them to respect you? 

If it's worth it anymore....well you have been married only 3 months...thinking of calling it quits is very worrisome. Not sure what to tell you there.

chrissydan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Its a hard thing. i guess i would Stear clear of them don't go over to see them and such and let dh know that. didn't you know they felt this way before you got married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Yes i did know. But theres only so much one person can handle before they reach their breaking point and im at mine. Then when dh talks shit about his family but turns around to them and says i never said that....makes me out to be the lying psycho bitch which isnt right. Hes acting just like them. Everyone can handle things to a certain point. I handled them up untill now. Its not even just seeing them its when they call and talk shit about me to dh and dh just sits there and says nothing

Quoting chrissydan:

Its a hard thing. i guess i would Stear clear of them don't go over to see them and such and let dh know that. didn't you know they felt this way before you got married

BlessedMammaof2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM
You married him not his family. That wouldn't be enough for me personally to leave. Especially only 3 months in and when expecting. I would have no issue cutting all ties with his family. Let him see and talk to them if he pleases but I would definitely expect rather demand that he stand up for you. Don't allow them into your home or to be part of your child's life until they learn some respect and boundaries. I know its hard and probably even more so being pregnant but is it truly worth ending a marriage?
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM

confront them on your own.  If he wont do it then do it for yourself and he will either learn that he doesnt want his wife handling things because she will take it to the next level and/or you will gain their respect by standing up for yourself.  If they have an issue with the baby, make it be known to them that you have no problem making sure they have no involvement in your child's life.  We are women, here us ROAR!

2lilmamas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quoting .Funfetti.:

These are all things that should have resolved before a wedding took place.

He needs to stand his ground, and talk to his family....and until that happens you stay away from them. Why be around them if you get treated like shit, and your husband doesn't man up and tell them to respect you? 

If it's worth it anymore....well you have been married only 3 months...thinking of calling it quits is very worrisome. Not sure what to tell you there.

Totally agree. Issues like this need be resolved otherwise it will lead to a life of disaster especially if does not put his foot down and tells them they need to respect his relationship.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM

If he isn't willing to stand up for you and set limits with his family you may as well bail. This is a situation that isn't going to get any better. I guess I don't understand why, if you knew it was going to be like this, you married him knowing that this is what your life was going to be that? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)