Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
Me and the bf are doing very well we are happy. But yes there is a but. My friends think it is wired we have been together for 2years and I have not meet his family and we don't live together yet. we have a strong relationship we talk ask the time no I'm not the other women. Lol. Any one else think it's weird. I thought we were just taking things slow. We both had a bad relationship with our ex's . It's normal right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I do think it's a little strange hat you haven't met his family after two years, provided they live...well, in the same country. That is taking things really slowly.

Tinavaz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM
The reason we haven't met is because she is not going to like me. Long story short he had an ex with two kids and his mom gave them so many problems. She use to harass his ex. We decided to wait till he moves out. We live two hours and some away from each other. (My boys are not his.) She wants him to find a girl with out kids. She cried when he told her his ex had kids. So I think we are trying to keep things a little hush hush for that reason.

Quoting strangeyfine:

I do think it's a little strange hat you haven't met his family after two years, provided they live...well, in the same country. That is taking things really slowly.

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Well THAT is different, and not meeting her isn't strange.

Quoting Tinavaz:

The reason we haven't met is because she is not going to like me. Long story short he had an ex with two kids and his mom gave them so many problems. She use to harass his ex. We decided to wait till he moves out. We live two hours and some away from each other. (My boys are not his.) She wants him to find a girl with out kids. She cried when he told her his ex had kids. So I think we are trying to keep things a little hush hush for that reason.

Quoting strangeyfine:

2lilmamas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Well has he ever mentioned introducing you to his family? I mean its ok to take it slow but after two years I dont see why he has bought you around his family.
Tinavaz
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Other than that little issue we are super happy he has meet my family and they love him. He is an amazing sf to my boys and they adore him.

Quoting strangeyfine:

Well THAT is different, and not meeting her isn't strange.

Quoting Tinavaz:

Quoting strangeyfine:

Tinavaz
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Yes we have talked about it but we want to wait till he moves we, both agree it's just the best way to go about it.

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Well has he ever mentioned introducing you to his family? I mean its ok to take it slow but after two years I dont see why he has bought you around his family.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
If that's the real reason then it's not weird. He may be embarrassed of her & afraid she'll scare you away.

Quoting Tinavaz:

Quoting strangeyfine:

by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM

How old are you? I still think its weird and after 2 years I would be absolutely suspicious that there is more going on here. I fact, I probably would have "stalked" him to see where he lives and what his family looks like and what he does during the day if he refuses to let me meet anyone. 

But that's just me going by my past experiences.

Tinavaz
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Oh wow.... I know where he loves I have been in his house lol. (with him) I have met his family but unofficially. Never had a real convo just hi and bye. I am not like that and I trust him.

Quoting 98765:

How old are you? I still think its weird and after 2 years I would be absolutely suspicious that there is more going on here. I fact, I probably would have "stalked" him to see where he lives and what his family looks like and what he does during the day if he refuses to let me meet anyone. 

But that's just me going by my past experiences.

xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I do think it's weird you haven't met each others families. You've been together two years, not 2 months. 

Have you guys talked about each others families? Do you get along with your families? 

I guess if you two are okay with it then it doesn't matter what others think. I personally, would be wondering why I haven't met them yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)