Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many years have you been a SAHM?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 15 Replies
Why did you decide to be a SAHM?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CowgirlMama0508
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 AM
3. We chose it because we moved 16hrs from all friends and family and it just made more sense for me to stay home rather then pay someone who we don't know to tend for our children. It was hard at first, but I've adjusted and I do enjoy it!
aimesnyc
by Amy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Zero
proudmommy03457
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
5 yrs..we decided for me to be a sahm mostly because it would cost my whole pay check to pay for daycare. But I am glad I am a sahm,I don't trust anyone else with my kids. Too many crazy people out there these days!
RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Almost 8 years. DH and I simply feel it is best for our family.
dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM
6. We decided it would be better for our child if I stayed home with him. Plus it was cheaper.
JenniferSq
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I was a SAHM for 14 years.  During that time I did Home Day care for a couple of years but I was still at home.  I went back to work when my youngest son went into 1st grade.  Even now I work part time.  I leave after my kids go to school and I am home before they get home most days. 

Being as SAHM is something that was very important to DH and I.  It was important for me to be the one who has the most influence on the kids during thier formative years.  To know what they are learning and to be there for all of thier firsts.  We were very lucky to be able to afford for me to stay home all those years.  We were broke most of the time, but we made due.  I loved being able to volunteer and take an active role in thier educations, go on school field trips and so much more.  DH and I both had moms who were SAHM moms until we were teens. 

kjbugsmom1517
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Almost 6. At the time i had lost my job, we were doing ok so i started adjusting to being home, we decided to have another baby and bam here we r. Shes about to start kindergarten and i hope to be going back to work by christmas :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megansmom30
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM

6 years

ash522
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM

It will be 2 years in June. It's been a very tough transition for me. I miss work! When my mom passed away suddenly in 2011 we decided to close our family business. We had just gotten a new foster care child, 14 month old boy, placed with us so we decided it would be a good time to try it. My oldest DS has special needs & we have since adopted the little boy that came to stay with us so for now, being a SAHM just makes more sense for us. It's taken almost 2 years but I feel like I'm finally starting to find my groove. It's so much harder than I thought it would be!! I feel like I'm starting to enjoy it now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)