Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Maiden or Married last name

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 32 Replies
Which one do you like better your maiden or marrried last name? Do you keep both or just your married last name?
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SP_Mama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Married.  It's shorter and easier.

Hevmccann
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

With my first marriage I kept my name. It was a mutual agreement. He had his first stepfathers last name who was only in his life for a few years so it was meaningless to him. (I also didn't like his last name. Belcher just seemed to be a curse of a name) Made it easy when we divorced. I will be getting remarried in Sept and my name will be changed. As much as I love my last name, I don't want to be to have different names. 

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Married for sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclanto
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I like my maiden name. I have a hyphenated last name.
Mrs.Missi
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM
My maiden is my middle name. My married is my last name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Married. I had no attachment to my father's last name. He had abandoned me over 20 yrs. before I got married, so it was easy for me to switch. Now, nearly 20 years later I don't regret it at all.

by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Maiden name.  Even after 11 years I hate my maried name. 

Gabrielle1982
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Maiden, it's pretty, always get compliments!  I kept it for a few reasons.  First, even when I was a little girl the thought of changing my last name when I got married made me sad, and I thought it was the law, lol.  Second, my name is also my grammy's full name, of all her children, my dad was the only one to name a child after her.  Third, there are absolutely no boys in our family to carry on the name.  So all of those are reason enough for me and my husband is a cool guy born in the 20th century so he has no problem with it.  :D and <3 my hubby.

Bella14308
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I cant wait to take my maiden name back (not that its a good name) since my married name connects me to a bunch of psycho morons
HKing01
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I liked my maiden name better, it was less common. People use to call me by my last name in high school. I changed it when I got married but I did get to keep my same initials.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN