Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I really dont know what to do here.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • 19 Replies
Here it goes...

My fil and hubby own a machine shop together. They have two other employees. Its not a big company but they are doing rather well in the bank. I take care of the books each week. Payroll, bills, ECT. Well, my fil is single. He is a very impatient person when it comes to finding a lady friend and lets just say he hasn't had the best of luck. Well, he takes trips to Denver which is like 3 hrs from us to deliver/pick up for the shop. For the past few months hes been taking these trips to Denver for the shop but hes got some extra curricular activities hes attending to. Hes going to strip clubs. The worst part of it is that hes seeing prostitutes as well. Hes spending at least $1000 each week on these women. That's just what I was told by hubby. Well, I started really looking at the credit card statement and its bad!!!! This is the company's money hes spending on these women! And what happens if he gets caught?? Im so worried and not sure how to handle this. Im disgusted and hurt that he would use the money for the shop for this crap. Im at a loss really...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Personally I think your husband should be the one to confront his father.  They own this business together and they'll both fail together if this goes down the wrong way.  Your husband needs to speak up.

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
He has. Many, many times and his dad just rolls his eyes. That's why im not sure what to do here.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Personally I think your husband should be the one to confront his father.  They own this business together and they'll both fail together if this goes down the wrong way.  Your husband needs to speak up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they equal partners? Company cards shouls be for company use only unless okay by the both of them. If he wants to do his ''extra'' activities he needs to do that on his own dime. If the father has a larger interest in the company then sadly I don't think there is much you or your husband can do.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
This isn't something you can get in the middle of. Seriously. Absolutely no good will come of this if you do. Your husband has to step up and figure out some way to get through to him. You need to stay out of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Are they in a partnership?

catrig
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM
That's the thing. I won't actually get involved because I don't have a place in the business to do that. All im trying to figure out is how to make sure nothing is going to happen to us because of his idiocy.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

This isn't something you can get in the middle of. Seriously. Absolutely no good will come of this if you do. Your husband has to step up and figure out some way to get through to him. You need to stay out of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
As far as I know, they are. I haven't seen it in black and white though.

Quoting Jennygurl09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Jennygurl09:

Ouch....Well I would both sit him down and talk to him. And be serious that if he doesn't stop you might have to rethink things.

SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I just can't believe my fil is doing this! So freaking gross! And ILLEGAL! And VERY irresponsible! This man has been in business for 22 years! You would think he would be smarter than this. Im so worried about our well being.

Quoting Jennygurl09:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting Jennygurl09:

Ouch....Well I would both sit him down and talk to him. And be serious that if he doesn't stop you might have to rethink things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN