• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 15 Replies

HI Ladies,

I have a little dilemma.  My husband and his friend are planning a trip to Miami for the Music Winter Conference in a few weeks.  We both work full time with 2 kids - ages 2 1/2 and 4 months.  He wants to go Tuesday thru Saturday - leave Me home alone with my kids to get ready in the mornings and nites while I still go to work (in NYC, I live in NJ).  We have a babysitter during the day while we both work.  The whole point of going to Miami is to go Clubbing and Partying - while I stay home, work and be a single mom.  His friend cheats on his wife all the time, so I'm not particulary fond of that.  I trust my husband but I truly think the whole trip is selfish on his part.  I have a Newborn for crying out loud!  I'd love to go and party like a single person but I know I have priorities at home.  So yes, I'm a little jealous, but it's not right for him to just up and leave.

Am I wrong for thinking this way?  As it stands now, I'm OKing the trip if he Only goes from Thurs to Sat and NOT 5 whole days!

This has caused a huge fight with us too

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Let him go. If you want to get away later on your own, use this as an example.

Quite frankly if I had kids your age I would want to run away for 5 days too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jeanette572
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Thanks - I know I could use this for a trip for myself but I wouldn't even think to go away for that long...  5 days of partying is A LOT - considering the long nites at the clubs.   I feel bad as it is leaving anyone home alone with my kids now for long periods of time, as they require so much attention.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

LOL

you will not be a single mom, are you kidding me?

Of course its caused a fight, you're acting like his mother.

Go out "clubbing" when he is home. Problem solved. Stop being so uptight.

Mom2wife1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl you are nicer than me. No way my husband would be going, i would have him cancel that trip. That's just me tho. I feel like if there are priorities at home than take care of them. BUT like I said that is our relationship. He doesn't go out to clubs and nether do I. I stopped drinking when I had my kids and so did he. If you guys have an understanding that if he goes out, than you get to go out, than make sure he stands by that. You deserve it just as much as he does, maybe more.  Hope you guys can agree on a shorter trip if that's what you need him to do. Best of luck.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

This. To me it sounds like your jealous and looking for reasons it is "wrong" for him to go. Yes, it would be nice if you could all go but since that isn't the point then let him go. Don't assume that because his friend cheats he will. Let him go and have fun without you making him feel bad or without blowing up his phone every hour on the hour. When he gets back take time for you and NO this isn't a competition, just because he got 5 days doesn't mean you get 5 days...and if you got 10 days doesn't mean he gets 10 days. You each get time where you can take it and allow each other to enjoy that time, it will make your times together more enjoyable and special and you will both feel recharged and know that you trust and love and respect each other.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

How about before he goes he treats you to a full day at the spa or something? Massage, body wrap, mani, pedi, hairstyle etc... 

Why does he have to go so far just to go party? Both of us are family orienated. Neither of us party. The only times we have been away from each other overnight is for work and hospital stays. 

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband would not be inconsiderate enough to leave for 5 days of partying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDearie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps it's just me, but why does anyone 'need' to go clubbing when they are parents of young children? Grow up people!  Maybe it's time to get priorities in order...

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Daisypath Halloween tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersDaisypath Christmas tickersDaisypath Valentines tickers
catrig
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I don't know that there is a right or wrong, it's whatever you are both comfortable with.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM

This, but in a little nicer form.  I am glad that you are calling a spade a spade.  You are jealous, plain and simple because he gets to have "pre-kids" fun while you are stuck home.  That would suck.  Especially in the winter!  Let him go for the full time, though, or this may cause a HUGE rift and lots of resentment.  More so than it already has.

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

LOL

you will not be a single mom, are you kidding me?

Of course its caused a fight, you're acting like his mother.

Go out "clubbing" when he is home. Problem solved. Stop being so uptight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)