• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping the mood going

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey ladies I don't know about you but after 2 kids and a 40 hour work week my hubby and I are fighting to hold on to what little romance and intimacy we still have. Lately we find ourselves having really really great weeks where we cant keep our hands off of each other, then other times we barley have the energy to look at one another. I guess my question is Does anyone know of anything to increase the female sex drive or give you more energy to keep your numbers up? I don't want to turn into one of the couples that are only intimant a few times a month. Any advise

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
catrig
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Just go at it.  Make time for it.

thecoffeefairy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Do it whether your in the mood or not. Also think about sex... A lot. Think about positions, remind yourself you like it, tell DH he is sexy. Tell him you wanna... Grab his butt, wink at him, ect. You will be ready more often, it is empowering to take the initiative and he will go mad for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM

For me i simply make it a point to make sex, romance and intimacy important to ME.  I make sure i'm not wearing frumpy PJ's to bed or even the same PJ's.  I make sure that they notice things (if i decide to sleep in a silky night gown then when he cuddles i will put his hand on my hip and move it up and down, etc).  I make sure that no matter how tired or worn out i am that i make time for my guys, i make time for hugs, kisses and i respond appropriately when they make the effort (if irish comes up for a kiss, i know he likes kissing and i don't blow him off with a peck).

I think it is all about attitude, especially for women.   I think we get wrapped up in our heads and our lives and prioritize and sadly our men and sex and romance are usually at the tail end of that list.

cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Honestly we backed off a lot during the baby phases of dd1 and ds. But we were both tired. We did ask the doctors what was wrig with me. Baby #3 is 11mo and both of our sex drives have returned full force. We've just adapted to having kids and being tired. But I think for everyone. Or most everyone anyways. The sex gets sucked right out during the baby years. But I think it comes back later.
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Find ways to be romantic & set the mood. Play some romantic music and light se candles. Give each other a massage, try and go out on more dates
jesuschild06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I really like what thecoffeefairy and anryan said. 

Me and DF went a couple weeks without anything (for good reason but still) and I finally decided it was time. I wasnt in the mood at all. So I got on netflix, went to late night comedies, and found a sexy movie. Put me in the mood and now going on day 4 of being in the mood. That movie is exactly what I needed to remember how much I love him and making love with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)