Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lap dance after I said not ok

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 63 Replies
So I told my hubby of 12 years I don't mind if he goes to a strip club once or twice a year but NO lap dances. Well, about a week ago he went to a topless sports bar and got a lap dance. Now he's saying he doesn't remember me saying that. Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pink.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM
13 moms liked this
Get over it?
Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Go get one yourself from a hot guy and then see his reaction ;). No but serious I would be fucking pissed beyond belief. And that would be the LAST time he ever went to one.

thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

How did you find out? If he told you about it then he probably doesn't remember. But I bet this caused a fight so he will remember from now on. Id give him a break on this one, its easy to confuse all the tiny rules in a 12 year marriage. I wouldn't worry unless it happened again.

mommy5912
2 moms liked this

I would be pissed, but then again in my house that would be considered cheating...Any type of physical contact like that is not ok...

AlannaMaria
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be ok with him going to the strip clubs anymore, as far as I'm concerned he blew it!
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I'd be upset as well but what is done is done. IMO that has no place in my marriage. I'd also have a hard time trusting him at a strip club in the future
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
September2013
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I would be really mad, bc u compromised with allowing him to even go to a strip club. And for him to go, there were rules set and he broke it. NOT OK!!
MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

This. If you told him you weren't ok with lap dances and he tested that limit, he screwed up his chance to go out to a strip club again...

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I wouldn't be ok with him going to the strip clubs anymore, as far as I'm concerned he blew it!

OHgirlinCA
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be upset if my husband did something like that when I specifically asked him not to.  It shows a lack of disrespect for you and your relationship.  I'd sit down and explain to him how disappointed you are and how hurt you are by how he disrespected your wishes and ask him never to do it again. 

My ex did more than get a lap dance at strip clubs.  He thought nothing of it and thought that I was being unreasonable.  Even his friends said "Why have a burger when you have a steak at home?" and tried to stop him.  But, he would get incredibly angry if I went out dancing with my friends because that is a "mating call" in his words. 

2lilmamas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Thats not fair. Im sure he remembered but just to go against the grain. What next.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)