Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated. Vent

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

I don't get angry often and I am fuming right now. We thought it would be great to take the kids to the park right after school. My S/O, ds8, and dd6 were playing on the spin a round (not sure correct name, people get on it, hold on while someone spins them). I was watching dd3 and dd2. I see S/O spinning the kids around really fast, and they are hanging off of the spinner by a bar. (entire body hanging off in the air). I yelled for them to stop before someone got hurt. My S/O said they were fine and ignore me, not even two minutes later our dd6 flies off and bounces her head off the ground. As I ran to her I yelled at S/O "Damnit I told you to stop". 

She was in alot of pain, nasty bump formed on the back of her head, so of course we load up and head home.

Now S/O is pissed at me. He said kids will get bumps and scraps. I told him that may be so but when they are kids and doing something that we know will most likely end badly we put a stop to it. It was a disaster waiting to happen.  Now he is ignoring me and not talking to me. I don't think I should apologize. I feel what I said was acceptable. If he would of stopped when I told them to, she wouldn't of gotten hurt. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this
He'll get over it! You had every right to be upset. She could have gotten really hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy12612
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I think you are absolutely right... yes kids will get bumps and scrapes but when they are playing on their own not when their dad or guardian is flinging them on a spin thingy majig so hard that they are practically flying... It was obvious that nothing good would come out of that... now if she were playing lets say on the monkey bars and falls down... things happen ACCIDENTS happen lol....

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Yes thank you. 

Quoting Mommy12612:

I think you are absolutely right... yes kids will get bumps and scrapes but when they are playing on their own not when their dad or guardian is flinging them on a spin thingy majig so hard that they are practically flying... It was obvious that nothing good would come out of that... now if she were playing lets say on the monkey bars and falls down... things happen ACCIDENTS happen lol....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)