Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can see clearly now

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

how rude and unsupportive my family is toward me and of course now SO. It makes him angry and me sad... I have since pulled away from them a lot but still any mention of them only brings tension in SO's and my relationship. They are nothing but judgmental of me and my life. They say I am brain washed by SO but I'm not, I am just finally accepting the side of them I've always feared and obeyed to keep the peace. I have known nothing but them for my whole life due to fear of breaking their status quo, They say we are just a close knit family who loves each other, I say they are judgemental and shun the rest of the world for being different. I hate to separate DS from them because he loves them so much and they have helped me raise him up until SO came along but honestly they are nothing but immature and mean. I am going insane wishing things were different, I don't know what to do or if there is anything I can do. Talking to them has done nothing but poke the bear and feed their thoughts that SO is controlling (he is not, I love my 50's housewife life!).

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoKamele
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this

hhhmmm......so they helped you...........and helped raise your DS until SO other came along?

Maybe you need to take a step back and see it from their perspective..

You definitely have not given enough info for any real help to be offered.....has me wondering if maybe your family is right........Is your SO trying to seperate you from your family?

Mommy12612
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

If everything had been going ok before the SO came along , then maybe love has you blinded...

If you've had issues before the SO and just needed the help then its different...
Be rational... family is for lifee... no matter how good or bad they are your family will always be your family no matter what you;re going through... SO come and go...

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe your family actually has your best interests at heart? I wouldn't be so quick to shun them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I dont really have anything to say here. Good luck....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe your family actually has your best interests at heart? I wouldn't be so quick to shun them.

Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

*sings* The rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way....wait this isn't a karokee is it? :X.

Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM

What exactly don't they like, and they feel he is controlling you?

PrincessButton
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I'm sorry, a little more info... They don't like anyone new, it took 4 years before they stopped talking about my brother's girlfriend behind her back. They down right hated her at first all because his attention was no long all on them. As for SO and I, we are newcomers to a homesteading life, we are building up to have a full scale farm. We both work hard every day trying to reach this SHARED dream. They think it's stupid, they tell me it's stupid. We eat healthier and they roll their eyes at me and tell me I've changed, I'm not the same Rachel, simply because I don't eat fast and processed food. They put me down when I talk about a new vitamin I've added to my daily routine, they won't even step foot in our barn because we eat the animals we raise instead of have pets. They are not vegetarians or animal activists just judgmental because it is different from what they do. They say this is all SO's doing but we have come to this point together and we LOVE our lives. I grew up with horses so really is farm life that far fetched? I think not! I got yelled at just yesterday because my mom was getting rid of her dishwasher and I didn't want it, "What woman wouldn't want a dishwasher Rachel. You're being stupid. It's just because he doesn't want it isn't it? He is controling you." she said to me... No I like doing the dishes, I don't need to waste electricity and water when I can do them by hand. I am a housewife/farmer's wife and it is a life I LOVE, I just want them to support me whether it is the path they would choose or not. It's a good path a healthy path a very spiritual path, I've had it with feeling like SO and I are bad guys because we live a little differently.

Jennygurl09
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Quoting PrincessButton:

I'm sorry, a little more info... They don't like anyone new, it took 4 years before they stopped talking about my brother's girlfriend behind her back. They down right hated her at first all because his attention was no long all on them. As for SO and I, we are newcomers to a homesteading life, we are building up to have a full scale farm. We both work hard every day trying to reach this SHARED dream. They think it's stupid, they tell me it's stupid. We eat healthier and they roll their eyes at me and tell me I've changed, I'm not the same Rachel, simply because I don't eat fast and processed food. They put me down when I talk about a new vitamin I've added to my daily routine, they won't even step foot in our barn because we eat the animals we raise instead of have pets. They are not vegetarians or animal activists just judgmental because it is different from what they do. They say this is all SO's doing but we have come to this point together and we LOVE our lives. I grew up with horses so really is farm life that far fetched? I think not! I got yelled at just yesterday because my mom was getting rid of her dishwasher and I didn't want it, "What woman wouldn't want a dishwasher Rachel. You're being stupid. It's just because he doesn't want it isn't it? He is controling you." she said to me... No I like doing the dishes, I don't need to waste electricity and water when I can do them by hand. I am a housewife/farmer's wife and it is a life I LOVE, I just want them to support me whether it is the path they would choose or not. It's a good path a healthy path a very spiritual path, I've had it with feeling like SO and I are bad guys because we live a little differently.

They are vegetarians? I mean obviously if they are judgemental, then nothing you ever do with be okay in their eyes. Sadly some families are like that. Though it can be difficult on the other hand for parents when children don't follow what they view is the correct path in life. Not saying that is right, but it does happen to happen.

Gmgej
by Michele on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Worth repeating.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)