• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can your SO/DH do the grocery shopping?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 43 Replies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswolfs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Mine does most of the grocery shopping, usually spends less than I would.

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM
He can, but it doesn't come out the same. He doesn't know all the ingredients that I might need or the food brands that we prefer
Monica_0812
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes for the most part. I hate grocery shopping I just go in the store and grab what I need he actually takes the time to look around and find the best sale.
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but he'll call me at least 5 times lol
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure! As long as we need 12 grocery bags full of Doritos, peanuts, chips, dip, chocolate milk, pretzels, pop, frozen pizza, and oj

lapcounter
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Kind of, LOL. He comes home with stuff I don't purchase, cookies, ice cream, hr does get my normal things also :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

He can, but I prefer if he doesn't.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Not a chance...

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

With a detailed list from me, and even then he still winds up not getting exactly what I wanted... Case in point, for our son's 1st b-day party he volunteered to do the grocery shopping because I had to work the day before and had a ton of other stuff to do. 

So, I made my list - we were doing a BBQ - bonless, skinless chicken breast -- he came home with chicken thighs because they were cheaper.  I had Broccoli slaw on the list -- he came home with a bag of stir-fry mix w broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.  I had for him to buy 12-packs of the little cans of soda, even specified the kinds -- he came home with 3 liter store-brand sodas.

Now, a trip to Wal-Mart is another thing.  He can handle those no problem again as long as he has a lost and his cell phone on him so he can call with any questions, which is normally at least twice!

on phone

thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no. I sent him without a list once and he literally brought back a whole chicken, 5 lunch-ables, a box of cereal, and hot dog buns. We had no hot dogs and we had no milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)