• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do we date again??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

One of our challenges for the year (instead of a New Year's Resolution we do challenges, usually monthly) was to do something that focuses on our marriage. We've been married 8yrs (together 12). I'm 27 and we have four young boys. How in the world do we focus more on our marriage when right now it feels like quick "good morning/good bye" kisses in between the day-to-day hecticness. 

He works 12hr shifts, midnights and usually works the weekends (several guys have retired, so he's super busy). We are homeschoolers so the hour or two he's awake we eat lunch and he plays with the boys and then he's out the door for work. Hiring a babysitter is an okay enough solution every once in awhile but I'm looking for other things we can do during the day/throughout the week that puts more focus on our marriage when life is just so busy right now. 

Just an fyi: we're very much still in love and enjoy being together, so there isn't trouble but I would like to be proactive in ensuring it stays that way. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Zazayam
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Is there a way you can stay up late to snuggle up for a movie date or something before he goes to work?

We leave each other little love notes and keep a dry erase marker in the bathroom so we can leave each other silly messages on the mirror. We kind of do themes, this week it's 'things I love about you' and every morning we add a new reason to our side. Before this we had 'things you do for me' (like all the things you don't always remember to say thank you for) I know it sounds silly but it really makes us feel like we're staying close. When the mirror gets to crowded to see yourself in we erase it all (after taking a picture of it for my scrapbook lol), and whichever of us erases it starts the next theme off.

Crazylife1994
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:38 AM

We always just continue to do the little things. We make it a point no matter how tired we are to make sure to spend just a few minutes together after the kids go to bed. Little love notes, Loving touches, text messages, and quick phone calls throughout the day when we are apart.

Dates can simply be a walk alone around the neighborhood. Hiring even a highschool or college student for 30 minutes would do the trick.

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Hmmm is there an interest you both share? I mean there had to be, you're married! My husband and I started running together before the dr made me slow down. We did 5ks. It was so fun! We had a set date and time to train! I <3ed it.

Or crafts, cooking, gardening. It could be anything!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Texts!!!  Little notes in his lunch box or on the mirror in the bathroom. Even just to say "I love you".

by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Defintely hire the babysitter as often as you can and go do something. Throughout the day you can text each other (even if you are in the same room). You can send a cute, flirty, sexy text that you can't actually say at that moment. Hide little notes in his pockets or lunch or whatever for when he is at work. Hug as much as possible...

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Send each other flirty texts, love notes, get a babysitter at least once a week so that you and him could go to breakfast, lunch , dinner, movies, walk. Be extra affectionate when you are together. Try & squeeze in more sex, even if its a quickie. You need to sit down together and come up with a plan to find more time for each other and stuck to it. Plan dates in the beginning if the month for the month and get your babysitter lined up for those days. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)