Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separating, pregnant and lost

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 2 Replies
Im a sahm 2 boys (5,7) and pregnant with #3 (36 weeks). Dh is a gambling addict and its getting worse and he told me we should separate so he can get him together. In theory it sounds good and i want my marriage to work but i feel like once he said those words my life shattered. I will have to find a new place for my kids and i to live so that my dh can find a place to go. I have no family here and my only option is to move to VA from AZ where my mom is. I cant sleep i dream and think about him leaving nd me living alone with the boys. We talked about bringing the baby home and him staying with me for his first few nights but in separate rooms. Even though i know it could help my marriage i cant help but feel sad. I asked my husband why did he wait til now to tell me about his gambling getting worse and deciding to leave he said i didn't wanna put it off anymore. I don't know what to do, do i start counseling on my own im scared to go into labor now since i feel like my baby wont be coming home to a stable place. Where do i even start how do i act how do i get through this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry so you're going through this at 36 weeks pregnant :( this is suppose to be a happy time & you shouldn't be sad and so upset. It is a good thing that your DH has recognized he has a problem and needs to fix it. It is unfortunate that this is come up right when your suppose to be giving birth. I know it won't be easy but you do need to support him in this decision because it is for the better and this will only make your marriage better if the gambling does stop. Try & stay strong and positive and you will get through this. Good luck with your pregnancy and I wish you and your family well. *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thatislife
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry you are going through this.  Maybe you need to move closer to family so you can get the support you need.  The idea that you need to be apart for him to work on his gambling isn't adding up to me.  If he wanted to he could go to intensive counseling and still live at home so I think you need to start to plan for the future for you and your boys.  I was a single parent with a baby so I know how that feels but I made it out the otherside much better off and you will too.  It is just hard to see that when you are still carrying.  I am hoping for the best for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)