Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night Shift

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 19 Replies

So, my hubby had to go on night shift last night and is on it till Monday. Tuesday is his tansition day. No plans tonight. Just cleaning, getting kids to bed and maybe crawl into bed and enjoy my book. Just kinda upset that he had to go to night shift. I hate night shift. Just saying.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Yea that would be tough for me too. My DH leaves at 6am & doesn't get home anywhere from 9-11pm, but at least I get to snuggle with him at night. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he wasnt home in bed with me =\ hang in there momma!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM
sorry hun :( i hope youre able to sleep well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chakita0912
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Thanks. I sleep okay. Not good. He gets home at 6 am and comes to bed and I get to sleep with him for a few hours till my oldest gets up and comes in to tell me that she is up. Then time for me to get up. When he is on day shift I get up when he does at 4:30 am.

Monsita
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

hugs

poshkat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Dh works the night shift. It sucks but we're used to it now.
2lilmamas
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sure thats tough. Just enjoy every minute with him when you have him.
RN_713
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I work nights. It sucks being away from my family...the recovery days are hell too. It feels like I never know what day it is or what meal I should be eating.

I hope you guys are able to adjust.
Chakita0912
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I don't think that it would be so bad if he got a day off, but he doesn't. I am sorry that you have to work nights and be away from your family. I know that it sucks. We do adjust as things come.  

Quoting RN_713:

I work nights. It sucks being away from my family...the recovery days are hell too. It feels like I never know what day it is or what meal I should be eating.

Dimples303
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya. My husband has worked the night shift for the last 3 years... I hate it. :/ Luckily I have two really big dogs that keep me company and steal half the bed at night. lol

RN_713
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm keeping my eyes and ears opened for an opening on days. In the meantime, I'm trying to schedule myself so that I have a block of days off in a row so I can fake normal for a bit :)

Quoting Chakita0912:

I don't think that it would be so bad if he got a day off, but he doesn't. I am sorry that you have to work nights and be away from your family. I know that it sucks. We do adjust as things come.  

Quoting RN_713:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)