• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At home waxing

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have done my own waxing at home for a while. I like hard wax but it doesn't always work perfect. I am curious what others use and if you have picked up any tips or tricks along the way?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Bump! Maybe you could go to the nearest salon and see what they use! Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Ouch. Bump.lol

i waxed my hubby's back at home...lol I'd never do that to myself...lol

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I only wax my own face. I love the Sally Hansen pre-cut strips that are easy to warm.

JenniferLDenney
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I was just about anything on my body that I can reach myself.  However, I am trained in it from cosmetology school.  What I would recommend (I have yet to try this but hoping to this weekend)  is to try sugaring (with strips)  you can find videos on how to make it and how to do it online.  You can get the wooden sticks from like a craft store for cheap and pick up the muslin fabric strips from Sallys.  Sugaring is supposed to be far less painful than waxing and its all natural and can make it at home.  If you are worried about the pain factor you can go to walmart or any pharmacy and pick up some lanacaid (first aid spray with pain relief) spray on let dry 30-45 minutes and wax away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)