Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a stitch... or mason jar.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
DF and I have been engaged for nearly a year now. He proposed with fireflies in a mason jar, so we wanted to keep the theme. We like vintage, so this was a no brainer. I've been dreaming up little mason jars all year -- from mini desserts in little shorties to moss, grape vines and strands of microLEDs in big fat ones. Some tied in lace and some hung from trees with hemp twine and candles inside.

DF's sister is getting married in three days. A week ago I was sick and brought DD over so I could get some rest and what do I find in her livingroom but a pile of mason jar boxes, lace and frillies and candles to put in the little ones. Albiet, her ideas were tacky and messily thrown together.

I don't know what to do now. I don't want to be the tacky second bride trying to one-up the first. We have never gotten along but I've been jipped of the past year's plans!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
coreilly89
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM
She also stole our wedding month.
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Let it go. Plan your wedding & love every minute of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Let her steal whatever she wants. Enjoy your wedding and don't let the bs ruin it or take any happiness away
kmt_771
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Enjoy your day. Don't let her ruin it.

2lilmamas
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quoting amy31308:

Let her steal whatever she wants. Enjoy your wedding and don't let the bs ruin it or take any happiness away

Totally agree. Just do your wedding and enjoy every minute of it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)