Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently dd isn't my husbands

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM
  • 73 Replies
At least that's what I was told today. I was shopping at my old workplace and an old coworker made a comment that I was lying about dd being dh's kid. It's not the first time people have made that comment, a few other friends/family have half joked that E was just a white baby I'm trying to pass off as dh's. Dd is really really light with super soft curly light brown hair and blue eyes, like could pass for being 100% white if no one knew that dh is black. So annoying having to hear comments like that especially since dh and I are going through a separation at the moment. I'm scared people are honestlygoing to think that I cheated or something. Not that I care what people think, i just don't want anyone to make rumors and be nasty. The reason we are separating is because he is dealing with bipolar issues and needs time and space to reevaluate his life (which although it sucks for me I'm trying to be supportive). Honestly if I didn't have to explain our situation to anyone i wouldn't but we can't keep it a secret forever especially if we do end up divorcing. I know it seems silly to be upset about but I can't help it. She looks just like him, just light brown hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. I know I should just ignore their comments but it hurts to know that some of my "friends" and family would actually accuse me of cheating and lying about dd being dh's kid. People are so mean. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepymommy87
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:31 AM
4 moms liked this

So you can see what I'm talking about, here's a picture of dh and dd. She's 13 months.
Diamondblue1
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:35 AM

i can see where people might think that. but it don't matter what people think she's pretty

firsttimer612
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM

if your dh is mixed that would be why your dd has that complexion, just means that the white genes are more dominant... my sister has kids with a mixed guy and they all look white...but if your dh isnt mixed then your dd just took all of your genes, however she is not that white you can tell she is mixed with something (if dh was not in the pic with her) but maybe its just me cause she has the same complexion as my nieces and nephews....im sure she will get darker as she gets older and specially in the summer time =)

sleepymommy87
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Thank you :) It just makes me sad that her skin color is even an issue. It's like the first thing people mention when the three of us are together. :/

Quoting Diamondblue1:

i can see where people might think that. but it don't matter what people think she's pretty

jj4ij
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:49 AM
4 moms liked this
She is beautiful and f*ck what anyone else has to say! You know the truth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My sons father is Puerto Rican and I am white, my son looks white. But he is his daddy's boy, 100%!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:52 AM
His great grandmother was mixed, and his mom and sisters are lighter than him but he is kinda dark compared to his siblings. That's probably where she gets her genes from, me and the mixed side of his family. But people just see him with her and think oh she must have cheated. and yes, she'll definitely get darker in the summer. I am jealous that she'll never have to tan. I'm so pale :( lollol

Quoting firsttimer612:

if your dh is mixed that would be why your dd has that complexion, just means that the white genes are more dominant... my sister has kids with a mixed guy and they all look white...but if your dh isnt mixed then your dd just took all of your genes, however she is not that white you can tell she is mixed with something (if dh was not in the pic with her) but maybe its just me cause she has the same complexion as my nieces and nephews....im sure she will get darker as she gets older and specially in the summer time =)

sleepymommy87
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :) I wish i could just tell everyone to fuck off lol. Maybe i should haha

Quoting jj4ij:

ShhhItsASecret
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:57 AM

she looks mixed to me

jj4ij
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You should.... In your head though, and walk away with your head held high : )

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Thank you :) I wish i could just tell everyone to fuck off lol. Maybe i should haha

Quoting jj4ij:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)