Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

A rant from a wife whose husband pays another woman child support!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 147 Replies
2 moms liked this

To those of us who have husbands who pay child support to other women, we know how much it sucks to be on the other side... Especially when He is paying $700 a month like my husband is!!! We have 3 children ourselves, and sometimes I just want to call his Ex up and vent!!! We barely have money to make ends meet, So anything like going out to eat, or zoo, and park trips are extremely rare! I believe he should have to help support his 2 children, but I honestly do not believe it costs $700 a month to do it!!! Especially when those kids live over 2000 miles away and call another man DAD! I have his Ex on my Face book (that's the only way we know whats going on with the kids), and recently she had won movie tickets, and they were trying to decide on what movie to see. She then informed everyone on Face book that if it were not for the free passes she would not be able to afford a family trip to the movies. I don't understand why she wouldn't be able to afford it!!! Just like a week ago she was IMing me on Face book and said the girls lost the charger for their Internet, and she did not have money to replace it, so I replied back "why don't you use the child support when it comes in in a couple days?". I'm always seeing pictures of a new horse, or improvements they have made around the house... We sent the girls Old Navy clothes for Christmas, and they both personally In-boxed me saying how much they love the clothes, that they never get clothes unless it comes from Walmart, or a thrift store! For those of you that shop at both Old Navy and Walmart, you know that there really is not that much of a price difference between the two places, especially if there is a sale! I could keep ranting, but there really is no use... I believe if you are receiving child support, it should be used on your kids! Even if it's out to the movies, or buying the power stip for a computer, or getting them a $10 Old Navy jacket! I just thought I would VENT to yall out there! You guys are great, Thanks! 

P.s.  Anyone elese in the same predicament too?

Apparently my post is really ticking people off.... So before you comment somthing negitive, Just know that YES, I knew he has kids when I married him, child support was not this high then, it just recently went up... I believe he DOES NEED TO PAY this support!!!! This post is just a vent!!! AND DONT COMMENT THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD CHILDREN OF OUR OWN!!! THATS A LOW BLOW!!! My children are just as special to me, as anyone feels about thier children! I was more upset about our child support money going to horses and floor patterns more than anything!!! Not to mention she is financing a trip to Indianna with the KIDS money... Like I said before I was VENTING!!! 

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hthrlcl
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
17 moms liked this
kids are expensive. You knew he had kids when you got with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM
My Mom was, my step Dad paid $1000 a month for 2 kids, he only made about 3000 a month so he was broke! He always paid for their trips too come out and visit, their school clothes, and for their extra curricular activities. Our home and I often went without electricity and other things because the high child support plus his kids extras. My Mom never understood what their Mom was doing with the money she remarried an army officer, and she had a well paying job herself she was a post master, she didn't pay rent because she lived in a trailer her Mom left her. Now this woman calls my step sister up for money. Some women just aren't good with money I guess :-\
momof3inTN
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
14 moms liked this

$700 a month doesn't go far when you are talking about feeding, clothing, housing, schooling, bathing, keeping the lights on, and everything else that goes into paying for all the things that 2 kids need.

cruelella2to
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM
3 moms liked this

you know what i have been on both ends of this. dh paying 1200 a month for pre teens and then when they came to us we got nothing because bm said we were doing fine paying her and now he isn't paying her that money. we barely had money for food they got new clothes when they needed it and you know what you bet your ass i was taking them to walmart for 10 dollar jeans instead of old navy and hoping we could find stuff they liked on sale or getting their hopes up. we didn't go to the movies the zoo or out to eat. out to eat was walking to mc donalds to buy ice cream. big spender. 700 doesn't go very far and having three kids of your own would 700 hundred cover everything your saying her cs should cover?

Is it a piss off to watch the house income go to another woman you betcha does it change that he is supporting those kids. ask for them for a summer see if 700 really makes a big difference when you add two kids into the picture.

thatislife
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't always like the over $1000 that goes out of my house in cs either but I knew well when I got married there were other kids and if we had them we would pay close to this between daycare and all their other needs so I just don't even consider that money his/ours.  Are you working?  In our family this has meant that both parents have to work to cover the needs of the family.  It can be too much if just one income is being stretched to cover two households.

staceyp6180
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this
I believe every non custodial parent should pay child support, however shouldn't the childs expenses still be split in half. Should the custodial parent pay half too, not just the child support coming in. Say $700 comes in from cs. That shouldn't be expected to pay for everything the child needs. The parent that has the child should also then be expected to kick in $700....does this make sense?
staceyp6180
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I'm trying to get the wording correct for the way I'm thinking about it
gonecrazi
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
7 moms liked this

Why are you bitching, you knew about these kids when you got with him. Try being the mom that doesn't get her child supoort and has to figure out how do it all on one paycheck. Oh,and the kid is a teenager. They are expensive.

MJP76
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You knew he had other children when you married him. Just because he gets with you and has more children doesn't make his other kids disappear. He still has a responsibility to his other children. 

That def something you should have considered before marrying a man with other children, I would file that under the  "that's your bad"

GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
O.g your kids parent more important deal with it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)