Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

A rant from a wife whose husband pays another woman child support!

Posted by   + Show Post

To those of us who have husbands who pay child support to other women, we know how much it sucks to be on the other side... Especially when He is paying $700 a month like my husband is!!! We have 3 children ourselves, and sometimes I just want to call his Ex up and vent!!! We barely have money to make ends meet, So anything like going out to eat, or zoo, and park trips are extremely rare! I believe he should have to help support his 2 children, but I honestly do not believe it costs $700 a month to do it!!! Especially when those kids live over 2000 miles away and call another man DAD! I have his Ex on my Face book (that's the only way we know whats going on with the kids), and recently she had won movie tickets, and they were trying to decide on what movie to see. She then informed everyone on Face book that if it were not for the free passes she would not be able to afford a family trip to the movies. I don't understand why she wouldn't be able to afford it!!! Just like a week ago she was IMing me on Face book and said the girls lost the charger for their Internet, and she did not have money to replace it, so I replied back "why don't you use the child support when it comes in in a couple days?". I'm always seeing pictures of a new horse, or improvements they have made around the house... We sent the girls Old Navy clothes for Christmas, and they both personally In-boxed me saying how much they love the clothes, that they never get clothes unless it comes from Walmart, or a thrift store! For those of you that shop at both Old Navy and Walmart, you know that there really is not that much of a price difference between the two places, especially if there is a sale! I could keep ranting, but there really is no use... I believe if you are receiving child support, it should be used on your kids! Even if it's out to the movies, or buying the power stip for a computer, or getting them a $10 Old Navy jacket! I just thought I would VENT to yall out there! You guys are great, Thanks! 

P.s.  Anyone elese in the same predicament too?

Apparently my post is really ticking people off.... So before you comment somthing negitive, Just know that YES, I knew he has kids when I married him, child support was not this high then, it just recently went up... I believe he DOES NEED TO PAY this support!!!! This post is just a vent!!! AND DONT COMMENT THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD CHILDREN OF OUR OWN!!! THATS A LOW BLOW!!! My children are just as special to me, as anyone feels about thier children! I was more upset about our child support money going to horses and floor patterns more than anything!!! Not to mention she is financing a trip to Indianna with the KIDS money... Like I said before I was VENTING!!! 

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (51-60):
littlecheifsmom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Bith parents need to pay for both kids not just dad. op i get ur fustrations.

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
That's why I refused to date guys with kids. Kids are expensive and 700 for two kids is not that much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Maybe you should have posted in the Stepmom group instead.
Miller0305
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM

You knew what you were getting in to when you married a man who already had children.  

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

SUCK it up Sweet-Cheeks

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
You responsibility to your kids doesn't go away because their parent got remarried.

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

I'm not in that situation, but I personally think that if a couple gets divorced (that have kids) the guy/girl should pay child support only until the guy/girl gets remarried. Then their new SO should care for his/her new family but still have contact with his/her kids!

spotsmom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:03 AM

But you don't know that the child support is going to the horse or a new floor pattern. Maybe her husband (or SO, whatever) bought those things with HIS money. Maybe he does not contribute to her kids at all, financially, and expects her to cover everything with the child support. I actually know a lot of blended families that do it like that. If she has to buy groceries, clothes, school supplies, gas, outings, and all the other little odds and ends that come with raising kids, that $700 isn't going to go that far, especially depending on the part of the country you're in. If you're having trouble making ends meet then why is it so hard to believe she is, too? 

mrs.hartman12
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
This exactly! Regardless of what the OP thinks she does with the money, it doesn't change the fact that bills are still paid, groceries are bought, school supplies, gas, ect...

Quoting spotsmom:

But you don't know that the child support is going to the horse or a new floor pattern. Maybe her husband (or SO, whatever) bought those things with HIS money. Maybe he does not contribute to her kids at all, financially, and expects her to cover everything with the child support. I actually know a lot of blended families that do it like that. If she has to buy groceries, clothes, school supplies, gas, outings, and all the other little odds and ends that come with raising kids, that $700 isn't going to go that far, especially depending on the part of the country you're in. If you're having trouble making ends meet then why is it so hard to believe she is, too? 

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Can you try t o go back and get the cs adjusted especially if you aren't working?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmommie07
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Really?!? You can't be sure what she spends the money on. I get less than $250 a month an ex has no other kids or married. I'll tell you what the money goes to: a roof over his head, sports and school pics or fees, and yes Cheap clothes I know he gets holes in anyway after 4 or so months, shoes that no matter how expensive last barely 3 months. And an occasionally dinner out or for food he likes. Going places with him. And so much more. You have 3 kids and you don't see how fast that money goes?!? Seriously?!? Oh yea plane tickets cause we live in a different state. My ex and his family probably think around the same as you do. But you know what DH and I provide for DS1 and I'll tell you what everything that we pay for and provide doesn't even come close to what I get in stupid hold support. And child support should increase as the payer might get raises or a better job. Heck I'm doing ex a favor by not going for an increase because he is single and "struggling." I'm sorry it is so "hard" for your family. Just thought you needed to hear from the other side.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN