Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do men even think before they talk?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
  • 25 Replies
I'm sure my hubby isn't the only one who just blurts out whatever the hell comes into his mind. Today we were talking to a mutual friend of ours and she was telling us about her ex husband and she just said "I don't think he was ready for a baby and a wife" so my husband spits out "I wasn't either..." our son just turned one and we haven't even been married a year so this didn't make me feel too great. He probably didn't even think twice about it after he said it and I wish I had that luxury. I'm sure I'm just thinking too much into things. But tell me your dh's and bf's and what not do the same, share your stories if you'd like, if you're like me, you almost need to tell someone or it just drives you nuts haha so go for it. It'll make me feel better too haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmchoney
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Just sounds like he was saying he wasn't either, but he took responsibility like a man and didn't leave. Maybe trying to show her that not being ready isn't an excuse.
AquariusFemale9
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my DH is exactly the same way. When we have other couples over to the house, he tells them when I haven't been attentive enough in the bedroom. 

Example: His best friend and the friend's wife were having dinner at our house (stepkids were at their moms) and he yells across the table, "When's the last time you had some ass? Honey, take a lesson from Jim's wife and throw me a bone every once in awhile." Not only embarassing, but pissed me the hell off.

hazel1922
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:38 AM
My bf is the same way. Honestly, i don't think they know how to think before saying something. My bf does it all the time so it of course out wrong and yes at times i feel bad i know he doesn't mean it.
KimTaylor76
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Oh my.. I would've slapped him

Quoting AquariusFemale9:

Yes, my DH is exactly the same way. When we have other couples over to the house, he tells them when I haven't been attentive enough in the bedroom. 

Example: His best friend and the friend's wife were having dinner at our house (stepkids were at their moms) and he yells across the table, "When's the last time you had some ass? Honey, take a lesson from Jim's wife and throw me a bone every once in awhile." Not only embarassing, but pissed me the hell off.

AquariusFemale9
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I did one better...got him all ready and in the mood, then went to bed. Revenge is a dish best served cold. But we made up the next day.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Well hell I was married 7 years before baby and I can tell you I wasn't ready for it. lol

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Do men think before they talk? No. Just no...

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the man

Lucky1123
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Usually not. lol  My SO will say something like that and when I give him the "wtf?" look he says "Oh, that is not what I meant."  Pffft. Haha.

It used to drive me crazy, because I took everything he said literally.  But over the years I have come to realize that he does not formulate a thought very well at all and then something happens when he tries to take that thought from his brain and out his mouth... It kind of detours somewhere and comes out meaning something different than what he intended.

createive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine thinks before he talks. He does it so well, it's almost scary. I'm the blurter and boy, it gets me in trouble every time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)