Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do men even think before they talk?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm sure my hubby isn't the only one who just blurts out whatever the hell comes into his mind. Today we were talking to a mutual friend of ours and she was telling us about her ex husband and she just said "I don't think he was ready for a baby and a wife" so my husband spits out "I wasn't either..." our son just turned one and we haven't even been married a year so this didn't make me feel too great. He probably didn't even think twice about it after he said it and I wish I had that luxury. I'm sure I'm just thinking too much into things. But tell me your dh's and bf's and what not do the same, share your stories if you'd like, if you're like me, you almost need to tell someone or it just drives you nuts haha so go for it. It'll make me feel better too haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM
The short answer is:no. Lol or at least my dh and bil don't. Sometimes I just look at him like, did you really just say that? Lol
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband has zero filter and puts no thought into what he's saying before it hurtles forth from his larynx.
mommadana
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Here's the good news, he said past tense instead of present tense.  I bet he adores you,  :)

gonecrazi
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My dh is really careful about picking his words, drives me crazy...

xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM

It doesn't sound like what he said was meant to be mean or bad. I think he was just being honest. 

Mine doesn't speak before thinking though. He did it once and learned from it. lol

KrazyLoveMommy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM

No.

Armywifeholcomb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Men THINK?!
Lol seriously though...
DH has NO filter... We both know this. But it's ok. He doesn't usually get in trouble...
And I really don't think Anybody is ever Truly ready for kids...
MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. He wasn't ready for a wife and baby but he did the responsible thing and owned up to it. He's still with you and he proved his old self (the self that wasn't ready) wrong. And if I were concerned about my husband being in that situation and another man told me he felt the same way and still turned out ok, I'd find it comforting.

Bamsmom2012
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM

no i dont think they do a good bit of the times. but he could have meant that he wasn't ready for it at the time it happened but when it did he grew into the possition quickly. instead of him being prepared he was taught by hands on training. (maybe not the best way to word that)

Brendasbuzy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

No men don't think at all thats why they have to be lead. Thats why women should lead the world. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)