Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do men even think before they talk?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm sure my hubby isn't the only one who just blurts out whatever the hell comes into his mind. Today we were talking to a mutual friend of ours and she was telling us about her ex husband and she just said "I don't think he was ready for a baby and a wife" so my husband spits out "I wasn't either..." our son just turned one and we haven't even been married a year so this didn't make me feel too great. He probably didn't even think twice about it after he said it and I wish I had that luxury. I'm sure I'm just thinking too much into things. But tell me your dh's and bf's and what not do the same, share your stories if you'd like, if you're like me, you almost need to tell someone or it just drives you nuts haha so go for it. It'll make me feel better too haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Replies (21-25):
Crazylife1994
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Mine does it too. I think it is in their genes to talk before thinking. 

Don't read too much into it though. 

bad_mama2011
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
The post title is a question women have been asking since mankind began, I don't think there's an answer to that. I can't think of any specific examples, but I'll let you know if I do, I'm sure there are several.
LillyMill
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I think it depends on his age. Some men have learned from their mistakes. I think men are more logical than females. We let our emotions get in the way of logic.

MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Ugh! Last night DH and I were talking about different body types. I was telling him that before kids, I could pick up almost anything off the rack and it fit perfectly. He pipes up with, "So what you're saying is once you met me you decided you could eat whatever the hell you want and gain weight and I wouldn't care b/c you already had me hooked?" 

Thanks JackAss!  Way to help my self-esteem 

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Awwww :( I mean who really ever is READY kwim. I mean babies are a huge thing. Is there such a thing as ready?
I'm sorry he is such a bonehead!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)