Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you celebrate St.Patty's day?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 30 Replies

Any big plans?

happy st. patricks day

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michelle479
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but only because its my birthday. not sure what our plans are yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2wife1
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Yes, we are both Irish. His family is coming over and I'm cooking. Honestly not looking forward to it because they're all pretty rude. ( Except FIL) No one says thanks for cooking, everyone has to make comments about something I cook. My husband and I are pretty fed up with their behavior. Oh well, wish me luck!

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I am making a boiled dinner, a Guinness cheese Fondue, and a pudding & crushed oreo dessert, and black & Tans! I am making green waffles in the waffle maker, and green milk for the kids. 

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Not irish lol.. But I will partake in the drinking LOL

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM

geez... They sound so up tight! Do they drink? Maybe you could loosen them up a bit with some wine or beer. Good luck!

Quoting Mom2wife1:

Yes, we are both Irish. His family is coming over and I'm cooking. Honestly not looking forward to it because they're all pretty rude. ( Except FIL) No one says thanks for cooking, everyone has to make comments about something I cook. My husband and I are pretty fed up with their behavior. Oh well, wish me luck!

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM

me too. * cheers*

Quoting MrsLondon:

No. Not irish lol.. But I will partake in the drinking LOL

Mom2wife1
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I guess I could try that. Maybe then I could tell them how I really feel about them and they won't remember.lol

Quoting AlannaMaria:

geez... They sound so up tight! Do they drink? Maybe you could loosen them up a bit with some wine or beer. Good luck!

Quoting Mom2wife1:

jett286
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We are not Irish, well except for St. Patty's day!  We have a HUGE party (45 guests confirmed) my we've brewed 3 batches of beer (15 gallons total) an Irish Red, Irish Stout and and IPA, I have 25# of brisket in a brine to make corned beef 3 different ways and this year have finally allowed some friends to bring the potatoes and soda bread.  The party has gotten so big I just can't do it all.  (My husband is disabled so ALL the physical work falls to me)..We are very excited for tomorrw.  Ok back to cleaning...

DebraMitchell
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We make a big thing of Cabbage an cornbeef... An family comes over
ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I can't do green beer. I had a bad experience over a decade ago, hell, almost 15 years ago now. I still hold that it was a bad reaction to the green dye, not alcohol poisoning.

I made a Bailey's no bake cheesecake. That's about the extent I'm going to at home this year. I'm going out to dinner with friends or I would make Guiness stew.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN