Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Not your average Wedding

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 4 Replies

My Fiance proposed Christmas Eve. How did he propose??? Simple, He worte 'Merry christmas. I love you. Marry Me?' on a paper and stuck it on my pillow with tthe ring box open. 

I was busy cleaning my apartment (our parents were coming over ffor xmas dinner) didnt even pay attention to what he was doing. I just asked that he stay out of my way so i could make sure everything was done. of course i said yes. We didn't talk about the wedding or anything like that. We just went to bed after that. The next morning which happened to be christmas we didn;;t say anything until both of our parents arrived and we were in the comfort of our apartment. i did my best to hide my ring. How did we tell the parents??? Simple, I showed them the paper and all four of them were asking What did you say? Instead of saying anything I showed them the ring. Then our mothers bombarded us with all kinds of questions. All we said was we were going to enjoy today and we would talk about it later. 

Well later came two days later, and he told me that we needed to get married before October. I was hoping to have some time to play around with wedding details and well i guess i was wrong. Looking at it right at this moment, I am glad he gave me a time frame. 

Our Wedding Details

Date: June 21st 2013

Place: Gates Pass, Tucson, Az

My Dress: Halter top style

My dress color: Colbalt Blue (yes! blue! I can not stand white.)

His shirt color matches my dress. Our Daughters Dress matches the color of my dress and his shirt

Ceremony includes the three of us, My parents, His parents, My Maid of Honor, and his Best Man. Oh and the photogragher and the minister. 

Our reason for doing it this way is because his family lives in Indiana and it isn't right to me if my family gets to be there and his doesnt. 

Our reception is the next day at the park. Technically it is just a barbeque celebrating it but everyone considers it a reception. And i am too lazy to cook for everyone so i made it a potluck. Our parents thought it was a great idea considering we are technically a low income household. 

So far we have paid a total of 200 dollars in wedding expenses. the most expensive thing is Our DJ. We are paying him 200 which is a rather low price for him. and not bad on our part. in the end we have it planned out to spend a total $500 for our wedding and the reception. We are not making our parents pay for anything but if they offer, we do not refuse their help. It is their way of being able to help us cause they want to. 

Like i said for the topic, This isn't your average wedding. I dont even want to wear a dress but I am willing to wear one for an hour. 

If you have any questions,  Just ask in the comments. I will not turn a question away. wedding

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
knagsmom
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Congrats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
live.love52608
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Thank you

Quoting knagsmom:

Congrats.

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!! A potluck is a great way to save money. You could have everyone make there favorite dish and write the recipe on a recipe card and have a recipe box at your reception and everyone put the recipe to the dish they brought in the box. Then you will have all the recipes :)
chelsone
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I love this idea! And congrats on the wedding! I hate large crowds. I have always wanted a wedding like the one you are having. I love to dress up and would love to wear the dress. But i wouldnt be comfy in heels. I love them, but only for looks. I dont like anything fancy.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Congrats!!! A potluck is a great way to save money. You could have everyone make there favorite dish and write the recipe on a recipe card and have a recipe box at your reception and everyone put the recipe to the dish they brought in the box. Then you will have all the recipes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN