Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

i need some advice, crying someone please help....

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 66 Replies

me and my husband have been married since this october. we have been dating for a year and a half. ive known him basically my whole life. i feel emotionally abandoned....he pays no attention to me except when he wants sex....which is not often. i will swear up and down he is addicted to video games. on weekends when he has work he plays them from 5pm to 11pm then on the weekends he plays then from 7am to 5am the next day....i sit in the bedroom all day we dont talk everytime i try to talk to him while he plays his video games he gets mad at me or isnt listening. i honestly have no clue what to do. if i talk to my friend about this or his mom or his sister he gets so mad because he says "i make him out to be an asshole to them". today he apologized and to me his apologies are just bullshit to me because he will never stop playing his video games. im crying as i type this. i dont know what to do anymore we go to counseling it honestly was helping and then he went back to his old ways.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey1019
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Not much you can do.  He either will make a change or not.  You have to decide if it's worth putting up with.

SierraLynn
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this
If it were me, I'd smash the shit out of them while he was playing. I don't have the patience for that bullshit.
But I also refused to ever date a guy into games like that. My brother is a video game addict and I can't stand him. He ruined them for me completely. But I owe him a thanks for that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey1019
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Half the time i feel like doing that! He never played them that much when we was engaged and dating do I'm like totally shocked and can't take it anymore

Quoting SierraLynn:

If it were me, I'd smash the shit out of them while he was playing. I don't have the patience for that bullshit.

But I also refused to ever date a guy into games like that. My brother is a video game addict and I can't stand him. He ruined them for me completely. But I owe him a thanks for that too.

SierraLynn
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
If you don't want to break them, then unplug and hide them. When he asks, tell him you two need to have a serious talk and he won't get them back until that happens.

Quoting armywifey1019:

Half the time i feel like doing that! He never played them that much when we was engaged and dating do I'm like totally shocked and can't take it anymore

Quoting SierraLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to let him know you're at your breaking point. You can't be in the relationship alone. Gl I hope it gets better imo the first year is the hardest.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I would sit down and have a talk with him and let him no things need to change because your not sure how much more you can handle.

FTmommy3
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You married a Child... and I'm sure he was already addicted when you were both dating, this didn't happen over night... you probably thought he would change once you signed on the dotted line... WRONG I'm sorry to say but you surely fooled yourself for thinking that...it's time that you lay the cards out on the table and ask him to pick a card...meaning his future with you or without ... GOOD LUCK with your grown child!
CrystalPystol
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Put your foot down or decide whether it is worth it to you to deal with that.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I have a feeling you are a young couple. You have a similar situation my youngest sister-in-law is going through with her husband. He is in the military too. Don't destroy his games and game console, that's a childish act. I get why he plays games, it's an escape from stress, being in the military isn't all fun and games. However with that said, you need to come up with a comprise with him. I also suggest try playing with him, even if it's for an hour. Of course if you have any kids, there is a PAUSE button. Talk to him about what's going on, try not to make it into an arguement.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN