Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What does love mean?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
I volunteer with high school freshmen and they asked me what love was. I told them its like pressing a button that says "press for free cookie" but getting pinched instead. Then you keep pushing that button and you keep getting pinched until the tenth time, then you get the best cookie of your life. And you keep pushing the button knowing that only every tenth time you get that cookie.

So my question to you all is...what does love mean to you? How would you describe it to someone who has never felt it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ghori
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

when u like some one and u dont know the reason y u like...this is love

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM
An unconditional friendship. A bond that is so strong words arent always needed. He knows me and I k ow him. I would be willing to give my self for him and vice versa. We give and we take and are willing to admit our weakness to one another. We arent ashamed to be vulnerable in front of one another because I know I can trust him 100% with my heart and he knows the same.

That is love
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raefmom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I found a really good saying about love:

Everyone says love hurts, but that's not true. Lonilness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Everyone confuses these things with love, but in reality, LOVE is the one thing in the world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again. 

divinemomma
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a friend, for a parent or child, and so forth; warm fondness or liking for another.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Love is an uncontrolable feeling and you can't understand it until you feel it. 

SlightlyPerfect
It's about that time...
Today at 2:13 PM
by Slightly Perfect on May. 9, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I think love is on the continuum of our emotional responses to the values another person embodies. 

But you can't give what you don't have, so you have to first love yourself, which means emotionally responding to your own values, being self-reflective, and critical--the foundation of self-esteem. Self-esteem dictates who we dismiss and who we love, and love leads to romantic love.

Romantic love is a specific type of emotional response and its subsequent expression. Romantic love is when we sexually respond to our own highest values that another person embodies.

slightlyperfect

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What does love mean to me, or what is love?

What it means to me is the willingness to die to myself to become whole with a new person. To say goodbye to who I once was and embark on a new journey with my soul mate. To get excited at every touch. The desire to please at any cost. The knowledge that there will be lows, but with hard work, highs are right behind.

What love is, is a choice. It's not an emotion. It's not something you feel. It's something you choose to do.

3xangel
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:01 AM
IMO love is not a feeling.. To me it's a choice that we make to accept, show loyalty to, and take care of another imperfect human.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN