Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you ever have a renewing of your vows?

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I were talking about our wedding and in what ways we would have changed it to make it go smoother and what our favorite parts were. Then he asked me if I would marry him again on our 10th anniversary (we've been together for almost 6 years, but only married for almost 2). I never thought I would be one for a renewal of vows, but I kind of like the idea.

Would you do it?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-19):
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yes! I never had a wedding so I will definitely renew our vows. :D

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM
We are doing it for our tenth. We had a court house wedding. While we have had many trials through our marriage neither has ever contemplated divorce. It has been rough and we want to share with our family our commitment and love to each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

We are renewing our vows this summer for our 25th anniversary.

babyspots17
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I have thought about it. We had a very small ceremony the first time and didn't wear a wedding dress. I would really like to wear a wedding dress!
Rosebud27aj
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Yes...we wanna do it for our 10th anniversary. We've been married for 5 yrs in July. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Probably not.   When I hear the word "renew" it says to me that something has died or is about to expire.   It just doesn't sit right with me.   We had a lovely small wedding that I honestly remember very little of.  My goal was my husband, not my wedding.  The wedding was a detail of a much bigger picture. 

That said... If people want to renew their vows, more power to them!  Couples should do what they feel led to do in that department. 

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM
We did on our 10th...the next day was our class reunion..we won longest married, and newest married! Haha, we divorced 2 yrs later tho..
zoniechick
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM

No I don't think so. We were already married twice (first JOP, second family event). I do plan on taking a second honeymoon though on our 5th wedding anniversary next year. We will go back to Aruba. 8 years 3 kids, I think we deserve it. LOL.

Caitlin10081989
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Go ahead and do a renewing of your vows on your 10th anniversary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)