Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I want to leave but chicken out

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
When you know the relationship is toxic....wont get better when they blame and expect you to fix it...you tell him to leave but you stop him due to eight yrs of émotions...but you know the issues arent resolved...other men want me but i think im a women scourned
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's tough, have you been to couples therapy to try & fix the issues?
MalibuMommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Same boat. Shit sucks. He's currently "trying" to be better. :/
furbabymum
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM
4 moms liked this

Look at your children. Think about the kind of marriage you want to model for them. What kind of relationship do you want them to think is normal? If yours isn't it fix it or ditch it.

blessedmother28
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM
When things are good they are amazing. When its bad its bad. He is great with kids could be way better. ...no counseling yet
AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Sounds like me and my ex. Things were so up & down all the time. It drained the life out of me. I delt with it for 5 1/2 years and I never thought I would finally be able to leave him and one day it clicked and I was done. He did something and that was it, I was done. I knew in my heart there was no repairing it. I had gave him so many chances to change and he didn't want to give up drugs and that drug dealing life style and I wasn't loosing my dd and everything I had for him. It was the best decision I ever made and I am happily married and far away from my ex. :)

Quoting blessedmother28:

When things are good they are amazing. When its bad its bad. He is great with kids could be way better. ...no counseling yet
2callmemom09
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Been there! I stayed for the comfort. I knew he had a good job, provided me and our kids a house, food, clothes. I didn't have to work. However, i hated him, hated the fights, who he became,etc.

It took him cheating for it to be a done deal! I'm now married (as is he, to who he cheated with) to a great man. Glad that chapter of my life is over :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

One thing that finally helped me in a similar situation (stayed 16 yrs and that is 16 yrslonger thanI should have!) .... One of the things that helped was I thought of myself on my deathbed and looking back on my life if I stayed with him all that time or on my life if I left and which one would I regret more or be left with more what ifs with...

The first 2 yrs after I left were hard but just financially, then after that and since then me and my kids have been happier than I would have ever dared to even imagine was possible in our lifetimes. I couldnt have even imagined it back then.

YVONNE

blessedmother28
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Alanna sounds like my situation. All the bills r paid by me past two yrs. He cant get a decent job so he decided to go to barber school. You would think he would have more appreciation. Instead he acts,like he doesnt need me n he will go live with his momma. I guess im scared to be single or run into men worse then him. and i,prefer not to have three baby daddies
blessedmother28
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Someone once said the person who cares the least in a relationship has,the most control
pittymama
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM

you both need to work on fixing it. my husband and i were just going through something similar. there was nothing but problems and both of us were too stubborn to realize we needed to buck up and accept that we are both responsible for our problems. once we accepted what we needed to do, we started fixing our marriage and we are getting to a much better place. do you have resentment towards him? or him towards you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN